What is this considered? Spawn camping? Them spawning around me?

#1SevenDayCandlePosted 5/1/2013 9:54:13 PM
2nd game of the night, just warming up. Playing against some idiots apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H4j-983wNQ

1st half is them spawning around me, 2nd half is them spawning behind me but trying to come in for revenge kills...

I try to avoid Cargo btw, so I don't really know where the spawns are on this map.

I don't ever really recall this happening to me in MW2, only maps that ever happened to me on in MW3 were Hardhat, Bootleg, and Dome (the smaller maps).
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#2SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:46:18 AM
=\
---
#3MoegittoPosted 5/2/2013 9:50:14 AM
Yup, that is pure spawn camping, it may not have been intentional because no one can see inside your mind but that is spawn camping HARD.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#4SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:56:35 AM
Moegitto posted...
Yup, that is pure spawn camping, it may not have been intentional because no one can see inside your mind but that is spawn camping HARD.

=\. I didn't even know it at the time since I don't play on Cargo often... I thought it was hysterical though that Treyarch thought those would be good spawns for the guys...
---
#5Aether_LyricPosted 5/2/2013 9:58:17 AM
Moegitto posted...

I would disagree with this, it's not spawn camping if they're spawning right next to you without any time for you to even move.

That's the unfair nature of the VSAT though
#6MoegittoPosted 5/2/2013 9:59:51 AM
TreyArch uses a flawed system called the "Threat Indicator". It's supposed to scan the are for "enemies" before it spawns you in an area. Here's a clue, it doesn't do that at all. It is really bad and the spawns in TreyArch games are pretty bad altogether. Like I said, not saying you did it on purpose, but that was spawn camping when viewed by someone else. If someone filed a complaint (which I'm guessing they did) there is no real way to fight back because the video itself LOOKS like you are camping in the spawn area.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#7MoegittoPosted 5/2/2013 10:01:24 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Moegitto posted...

I would disagree with this, it's not spawn camping if they're spawning right next to you without any time for you to even move.

Yeah, but that's the point I made in the other post. you can't prove you WEREN'T spawn camping because that would mean the spawn system is bad and we know they won't admit that. So in all honesty it will be viewed as spawn camping.
---
#8SevenDayCandle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 10:04:09 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Moegitto posted...

I had no time to do anything, I also don't like how they don't show up on the VSAT for about 1 second when they first spawn in... I didn't even know it was a spawn area honestly.

Moegitto posted...
TreyArch uses a flawed system called the "Threat Indicator". It's supposed to scan the are for "enemies" before it spawns you in an area. Here's a clue, it doesn't do that at all. It is really bad and the spawns in TreyArch games are pretty bad altogether. Like I said, not saying you did it on purpose, but that was spawn camping when viewed by someone else. If someone filed a complaint (which I'm guessing they did) there is no real way to fight back because the video itself LOOKS like you are camping in the spawn area.

Nobody filed a complaint or anything, 4 of them did rage quit though lol. It definitely looks like I'm spawn camping hard, but I honestly had no clue that was even a main spawning area. Or why Treyarch would keep spawning them there knowing I'm right there...
---
#9timilayas99Posted 5/2/2013 10:08:18 AM
So close to the Nuclear lol
---
Go away.
#10Juzten76Posted 5/2/2013 10:11:36 AM
Moegitto posted...

What should he have done? Ran away from the opponent? It's not like he was hiding in a corner behind cover waiting for spawns.

I remember running to the back of Hijacked only to see a constant stream of opponents coming up the back stairs. I'd kill them and they'd keep coming. Should I have just let them kill me? If enemies keep coming, I'm going to keep killing them. The alternative is getting you or your team killed by letting them get away.