Why do Treyarch make new names for streaks that are exactly the same?

#41timilayas99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:09:32 AM
MrBombasticaI posted...
timilayas99 posted...
roach06 posted...
timilayas99 posted...
unpleasant_milk posted...
I know, its shocking right?

IW called grenades grenades, treyarch just copied them.

No. Grenades in this game do the same job as in other games, which is why they're still called grenades, so what you said is invalid. I'm saying that I don't understand why they change the name if it's pretty much the same streak.

Because it is not the same streak....how is this hard to understand?

How is the Lodestar different from the Reaper? (Not starting an argument) They both shoot missiles down from the sky, what's the difference?

It's a different plane. The Reaper is a Reaper Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, while the Lodestar is a Northrop Grumman X-47B

Ok, makes sense now. I just didn't understand lol
---
Go away.
#42MrBombasticaIPosted 5/3/2013 7:13:46 AM
timilayas99 posted...
roach06 posted...
timilayas99 posted...

No. Grenades in this game do the same job as in other games, which is why they're still called grenades, so what you said is invalid. I'm saying that I don't understand why they change the name if it's pretty much the same streak.

Exactly, there is nothing in this game that existed in others, which now has a different name. Unless you want to be period specific, which makes sense. Eg. Spy plane < UAV

Yea, basically. I'm talking about things like Spy Plane>UAV.

Because in the time period when Black Ops came out, there was no UAV that is in CoD. There were only Spy Planes in the 60s.

Other than that, there is only Blackbird and Attack Dogs. Blackbird refers to the old SR-71 plane which has been retired from service. A VSAT is something completely different. As for Attack Dogs, K9 Unit is the correct military term for a squad of dogs. Specifically when they wear bullet proof vests (that don't work any better than their own skin did in BO). Black Ops 2 was aiming for realism in names as much as possible there.
#43unpleasant_milkPosted 5/3/2013 7:14:17 AM
timilayas99 posted...
roach06 posted...
timilayas99 posted...

Exactly, there is nothing in this game that existed in others, which now has a different name. Unless you want to be period specific, which makes sense. Eg. Spy plane < UAV

Yea, basically. I'm talking about things like Spy Plane>UAV.

Well, like I said, its period specific in those cases. UAV's didn't exist in the cold war, but planes - not the crappy band, like U2 did. Treyarch renamed the blackbird to VSAT because again, that is the modern day equivalent specific to the time period in this game.

Can you be more specific about what streaks you have in mind?
---
GT unpleasant milk
Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd - The most awesome song! PM if agree
#44MrBombasticaIPosted 5/3/2013 7:14:46 AM
timilayas99 posted...
Ok, makes sense now. I just didn't understand lol

Yeah, there are no vehicles in Black Ops 2 that were in previous games and go under a different name. AGR is not the Assault Drone from MW3.