Bloodthirsty advice for Scorpion and Shotguns?

#1BgSoAPosted 5/5/2013 10:14:38 PM
I've been struggling to get my blood thirsties with my shotguns and the scorpion. I tend to always die one away with these guns, usually while reloading. Even if I play conservatively, with fast mags, I will always have bad luck or mess up and die horribly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good maps to specifically hunt for BTs with shotguns and the scorpion? One would think Nuketown and Hijacked are good, but in reality these maps are so small that its pretty easy to get overwhelmed by multiple opponents and die.

Raid has too many open, long sight lines, and although Standoff and Slums have more close rangeness, I tend to struggle on these maps as well due everyone else running an smg or shotgun.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 5/5/2013 10:23:51 PM
standoff?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#3WraithX_959Posted 5/5/2013 10:28:28 PM
Aim and shoot fives times without dying.
#4KillerinstinxPosted 5/5/2013 10:40:08 PM
Dude these are the easiest guns to get bloodthirsty on. I got my remote done in 3 matches back when I was going for gold. Use Stock charges, stuns, uav, cuav if you really have trouble.
---
Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
IGN:KillerInstinx
#5TyrantKnightPosted 5/5/2013 11:05:52 PM(edited)
Play objective modes. Any map can be a good one with proper navigation, but these stand out. In general, never go outside. Stick to buildings. If you do need to go outside, never fully expose yourself. Using cover is a necessity.

For Remington, S12, M1216:
Nuketown is terrible for shotguns unless you camp one of the houses with a tac insert.
Hijacked is great. Utilize the engine room path to avoid being out in the open. Be mindful of spawn switches.
Standoff is great, camp the main house moving up and down the staircase.
Slums is another good one.
Overflow is surprisingly effective if you stick to the bank and construction yard areas.

Raid, Downhill, Vertigo, Plaza, and Studio are good for the KSG. Any map with longer sightlines is a good KSG fit. I recommend using MMS, quickdraw and Long Barrel. Stock and silencer is worth a try on it.

Turbine is never a good option.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#6tgoudyPosted 5/6/2013 1:15:12 PM
BgSoA posted...
I've been struggling to get my blood thirsties with my shotguns and the scorpion. I tend to always die one away with these guns, usually while reloading. Even if I play conservatively, with fast mags, I will always have bad luck or mess up and die horribly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good maps to specifically hunt for BTs with shotguns and the scorpion? One would think Nuketown and Hijacked are good, but in reality these maps are so small that its pretty easy to get overwhelmed by multiple opponents and die.

Raid has too many open, long sight lines, and although Standoff and Slums have more close rangeness, I tend to struggle on these maps as well due everyone else running an smg or shotgun.

Tyrant is right. Shotguns are great for holding down buildings. You mention Raid, but you generally have an idea of where people are coming at you from and you can meet them there with your shotgun ready I ran off a like a 15 ks for my last bloodthirsty on the m1216 on raid just sticking to the one story building. It was especially easy when the spawns flipped because then they would run right back to me for revenge, so I could drop the guys at the main entrance and then run over to the people trying to flank through the window

This is why Obj. modes are easier. You are less likely to have people coming at your from multiple entrances at one time.
#7Centium76Posted 5/6/2013 1:18:03 PM
Killerinstinx posted...
Dude these are the easiest guns to get bloodthirsty on.

This...

The only advice that is relevant is "DON'T SUCK". The bloodthirsties will come on their own.
#8AristophPosted 5/6/2013 1:38:14 PM
Hardcore is actually surprisingly good for bloodthirsties. You will have to camp, but this is the best way I've found to ensure easy bloodthirsties with minimal effort. Just patience.

There's a couple maps that work well, but actually Drone is the best I've found. You'll be heading for the upstairs room just off the helipad. There's only one doorway, and it's easy to avoid being shot from the window if you're careful. Just remember to move to a different corner of the room after each kill, because they will come back for revenge and they will try throwing explosives through the window. Flak jacket helps with the C4 which are hard to dodge, but grenades aren't really an issue because there's plenty of desks to dive behind to dodge the explosion as long as you're paying attention.

It's boring. And cheap as hell. But it's incredibly effective and if all you want to do is get a few bloodthirsties to finish up the challenge, it works like a charm. Just remember to change lobbies each match so they can't catch on too quickly and waste your time.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#9I_snuggle_FUPAsPosted 5/6/2013 2:11:08 PM
the back section of overflow where the boats are, just patrol it and nowhere else bloodthirstys will come fast
---
If there's one thing I've learned from call of duty, its that my mom really has a thing for 12 year olds
#10fatclemenzaPosted 5/6/2013 2:15:55 PM
Killerinstinx posted...
Dude these are the easiest guns to get bloodthirsty on.

This...

The only advice that is relevant is "DON'T SUCK". The bloodthirsties will come on their own.

---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball