Do YOU have a Target Finder class?

#41fatclemenzaPosted 5/6/2013 2:33:32 PM
Always have one on my LMGs, and I always use those with Cold-blooded so nobody can use it against me :)

I usually like Reflex on ARs though with a few exceptions.
---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball
#42InadvertantPosted 5/6/2013 2:39:11 PM
MMA427 posted...

For the sake of argument, please explain/present a situation, other than when the TF highlights a camper, that it improves the players ability to aim/find a target?

I'll wait...

See, 99.9% of CoD players have useable eyes, which means that when confronted by a situation where they find an enemy in a room/hallway/outdoors their eyes tell them to take aim at the target, with or without a TF attached.

I don't think i have ever found myself confronted by an enemy in plain sight, got killed, and thought "i wish i had that TF equipped so i could shoot that guy right in front of me who is not hiding whatsoever".

So unless you're headglitching/camping/camouflaging yourself for the intent of being hidden then you shouldn't have any complaints.

Having working eyes is but a small portion of what it takes to aim. You're forgetting that people have a hard time readily identifying a friendly target vs a hostile target. This is proven time and time again if you play hardcore or just simply watch the videos of other players in your games. I am willing to bet that everyone on here -myself included- has misfired on a friendly target, or been killed because of a slight hesitation. What the target finder does is eliminate the need for that decision to be made. Call of Duty is a fast paced game, where you need to be able to identify who is and who isn't on your team whether they are at a close range or a distance. It removes any thought from that aspect of the game, it's simply aim down your sights and put blue over red and squeeze the trigger.
---
RIP Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 February 2, 2013), Deadliest Man In American History, 160 confirmed kills
May Paradise welcome you
#43Keyblade9000Posted 5/6/2013 3:18:58 PM
Yes, I have a HAMR with TF and a FAL with Select Fire and TF. I use them whenever I feel like pissing people off.
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13
#44APG_CAMOPosted 5/6/2013 3:28:38 PM
I never had one until Nuketown made it to full rotation. Now I have one on an LMG (any, pick one) and I sit and camp it up. It's the only map I do it on. Keep picking that god-awful map and you will pay. Pulled something like a 53-7 KC match once with 2 confirms. Shameless camping and I don't care.
---
GT: APG CAMO
(End of rant, thank you for listening, please visit my site idontcareifyoudisagree.net) - nuschler2212
#45GRTooCoolPosted 5/6/2013 3:30:45 PM
I have one, on the HAMR and only use it against morons who keep voting Nuketown.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#46flame030191Posted 5/6/2013 3:58:06 PM
txrdriftking posted...
I use it specifically for Nuketown and Turbine (until I unlock the Ballista again for Turbine) because while I despise Nuketown... using the MK48 with a TF and FMJ on Nuketown is easy mode.

Not sure why I use it on Turbine, besides the aforementioned lack of the Ballista (Could use the DSR, but I want to finish the Ballista first.)

Exactly what I use on that map. Sometimes I'll also throw in QuickDraw using the Primary Gunfighter wildcard just to make things a little easier.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#47OrlandoMagicianPosted 5/6/2013 7:56:31 PM
I use it on the MK48 amid SWAT since it just begs for it to be used on both.
#48crazyeightz1Posted 5/6/2013 8:17:37 PM
Inadvertant posted...
MMA427 posted...

For the sake of argument, please explain/present a situation, other than when the TF highlights a camper, that it improves the players ability to aim/find a target?

I'll wait...

See, 99.9% of CoD players have useable eyes, which means that when confronted by a situation where they find an enemy in a room/hallway/outdoors their eyes tell them to take aim at the target, with or without a TF attached.

I don't think i have ever found myself confronted by an enemy in plain sight, got killed, and thought "i wish i had that TF equipped so i could shoot that guy right in front of me who is not hiding whatsoever".

So unless you're headglitching/camping/camouflaging yourself for the intent of being hidden then you shouldn't have any complaints.

Having working eyes is but a small portion of what it takes to aim. You're forgetting that people have a hard time readily identifying a friendly target vs a hostile target. This is proven time and time again if you play hardcore or just simply watch the videos of other players in your games. I am willing to bet that everyone on here -myself included- has misfired on a friendly target, or been killed because of a slight hesitation. What the target finder does is eliminate the need for that decision to be made. Call of Duty is a fast paced game, where you need to be able to identify who is and who isn't on your team whether they are at a close range or a distance. It removes any thought from that aspect of the game, it's simply aim down your sights and put blue over red and squeeze the trigger.

If you use TF there is still a slight hesitation to differentiate if its a friendly whose name didn't pop up or if its a hostile who have CB on.
#49highwindmtPosted 5/6/2013 8:49:35 PM
ITT people try to defend the target finder despite it being a blatant noob attachment.

Drop the target finder kids, and stop with the excuses.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#50webbc99Posted 5/7/2013 6:38:49 AM
I love the TF, but it has its place. I use it on the LSAT and Mk48 currently, but as I have golded both weapons, I no longer have them in any class, and thus no TF either.

I have tried it on pretty much every AR you can unlock it on, but imo it just doesn't work well as an AR sight, except for MAYBE the FAL and SMR. I don't really like the irons on either of them, and sometimes ACOG zooms in a little too far depending on the map, so TF is a good choice at times. But I got bored of the FAL and SMR lately.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls