Everyone is going to buy the next CoD...and here's why

#21Lerp85Posted 5/8/2013 11:33:43 AM
SpydogK posted...
I love CoD, but it ended at MW3. It was a nice journey from 2003-2012.

The game is the most repetitive game you can ever play, it is all connection based. It requires no skill. Same game each time it comes out with new multiplayer maps and a different campaign (at least they do decent on the campaign, I enjoy each one. Then again I started playing CoD during the very first one), their is no different feel to it like other new games.

I'd say Halo 2 on XBC is pretty much the better Console FPS.
Hell even Crysis 3, because you don't just shoot a guy for 1-2 seconds and their dead.

This game massively caters too people that can not play FPS games well.

I guess that is why my GF can play games like CS1.6, Unreal, N64 Multi-FPS Splitscreens and PS1. Then she'll get on CoD and just **** on everyone without barely playing this Madden-like game (hurr durr "new game" each year).

Like I said, I loved CoD for years. But you guys are being used so blindly.

I was with you until you said the bold.

HALO 2 is the worst of the series and epitomizes the game that "massively caters to people people that can not play FPS games well" to a T.

BTW, Goldneye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other FPS made on consoles imo...

Play goldeneye now. No looking up or down, parts of the walls people can hide behind and you cannot see them there at all. Sure it was an amazing game and I had a lot of fun with it, but it is way outdated now.

Brings back memories of putting proximity mines underneath doors. LOL
#22destructoclausPosted 5/8/2013 11:44:10 AM
Noke0 posted...

The game is the most repetitive game you can ever play, it is all connection based. It requires no skill. Same game each time it comes out with new multiplayer maps and a different campaign (at least they do decent on the campaign, I enjoy each one. Then again I started playing CoD during the very first one), their is no different feel to it like other new games.

Hell even Crysis 3, because you don't just shoot a guy for 1-2 seconds and their dead.

I guess that is why my GF can play games like CS1.6, Unreal, N64 Multi-FPS Splitscreens and PS1. Then she'll get on CoD and just **** on everyone without barely playing this Madden-like game (hurr durr "new game" each year).

CoD never "ended" no matter how badly you want it to. While I do agree that it is repetitive, the fact is the masses have not caught onto it yet. CoD may just be a trend but it's still going strong and looks as though it's going to stay on that course for at least a few more years/releases. There are some, like myself, that realize that each of their releases is nothing more than a glorified rehash. Some of these people will buy the releases anyway because all of their friends do, and obviously everyone just likes to play the most current version of a game. They will continue to be that way until they stop selling well, which is seemingly quite a ways off.

I won't be buying the next one personally, but I can guarantee that millions will.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#23Lerp85Posted 5/8/2013 11:50:07 AM
destructoclaus posted...
Noke0 posted...

CoD never "ended" no matter how badly you want it to. While I do agree that it is repetitive, the fact is the masses have not caught onto it yet. CoD may just be a trend but it's still going strong and looks as though it's going to stay on that course for at least a few more years/releases. There are some, like myself, that realize that each of their releases is nothing more than a glorified rehash. Some of these people will buy the releases anyway because all of their friends do, and obviously everyone just likes to play the most current version of a game. They will continue to be that way until they stop selling well, which is seemingly quite a ways off.

I won't be buying the next one personally, but I can guarantee that millions will.

I know that there are not many differences in each release, but I have a ton of fun playing the games, so I buy them. If I can get it I will be getting the special edition as well as a second copy for my GF who just started getting into black ops 2.
#24BansheeNTDmodePosted 5/8/2013 11:53:08 AM
There are tons of better fps on the pc market. Consoles will only have cod
#25zergwavePosted 5/8/2013 12:34:22 PM
BansheeNTDmode posted...

Hopefully next gen will fix this and port more PC games to consoles
#26torey_caylorPosted 5/8/2013 12:46:21 PM(edited)
BansheeNTDmode posted...

Lmao apart from indie games, F2P garbage, Korean MMOs and Starcraft 2 PC doesn't have exclusives. Let alone FPS exclusives. Please. Every non Blizzard game that starts as a PC exclusive dies within a month.

Even DICE, Crytek and Epic, which used to be PC centric shooter developers ditched PC long time ago. Blizzard ports Diablo 3 to PS3. Rockstars last big game wasn't even released on the PC, and even GTAV isn't a sure thing.
#27FvlakngPosted 5/8/2013 1:09:07 PM
I skip a year on Call of Duty games, so no, I will not buy it. Plus, wayyyy too much stuff going on 4th quarter 2013 and 1st of 2014. That's why I skip a year, you miss way too much when playing cod, especially with GTA coming. See you in November 2014 COD
#28Silver17Posted 5/8/2013 1:14:06 PM
All the wannabe hipsters that rip on this series are the same ones trying to figure out who's giving out the best preorder bonus at launch...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)