Lets be honest, there is ONE GAME that can rival CoD

#31naughtynuggetzPosted 5/8/2013 8:46:18 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
BF not running at 60FPS didnt really effect anything. Still better than COD.

The lower player count from its PC counterpart is a drastic difference though. I'd say BF is the superior game, if your playing it on PC. I honestly enjoy CoD more on consoles, the action can get stale on certain maps with the lower count on consoles for BF3..
#32dioxxysPosted 5/8/2013 9:14:00 AM
How about some real games?

-Dead Space 1
-Bioshock
-Uncharted 2/3
-Demons Souls
-Portal 1/2
-Fallout 3
-Dishonored
-Twisted Metal
-Dead Rising 2
-Metal Gear 4
-Devil May Cry 4
#33flame030191Posted 5/8/2013 9:39:31 AM
Battlefield didn't fail. BF3 sold 5 million copies on launch day, 8 million in one month, and continues to sell today. It may not have beaten CoD, but it did take a portion of the spotlight away on each system, which is one thing no other shooter has done.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#34HaganPosted 5/8/2013 9:40:06 AM
naughtynuggetz posted...
Hagan posted...
DownSouthPride posted...
They released any news on dat game dawg?

Vince Z said there were basically going reveal it come E3.

Personally i think destiny will be better.

Not sure why people d ride GTA so much, punching cops and picking up hookers got old for me after 20 minutes, granted the last game I played was gta3 and vice city on the original xbox.

Sorta the same reason people ride on CoD so much, when all you do is aim and shoot, and rinse and repeat.. they obviously enjoy the game...

To each their own. cheers
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#35flame030191Posted 5/8/2013 9:42:59 AM
I also really don't get why people ride GTA's **** all the time when Saint's Row is more true to the gameplay than newer GTA games.
---
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#36SpydogKPosted 5/8/2013 10:02:13 AM
How did Battlefield 3 fail???

It came out the gate and sold 15 million copies on its FIRST CONSOLE ATTEMPT.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II has sold 23 million copies to date. In today's market climate, it will probably match MW3 and cap out at around 29 or 30 million copies.

So on their FIRST TRY, DICE and EA sold HALF of what COD sold on their SEVENTH game on consoles.

Commercially BF3 was a HUGE SUCCESS...

And critically? The people have spoken...

BF3 beat MW3: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/21/modern-warfare-3-vs-battlefield-3-the-results

So no, BF3 DID NOT FAIL. It accomplished everything it was supposed to accomplish.

Battlefield 4 is going to be an even bigger thorn in Activision's side. The OP has no idea of what he is talking about...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#37flame030191Posted 5/8/2013 10:05:07 AM
Technically, it's BF's 4th console attempt, though it's first main series game on console (Bad Co and 1943 were spin-offs)
---
#38JohnWall32Posted 5/8/2013 10:09:40 AM
GTA > COD and it's not even close.
#39SpydogKPosted 5/8/2013 10:38:02 AM
Technically, it's BF's 4th console attempt, though it's first main series game on console (Bad Co and 1943 were spin-offs)

If we're going to be TECHNICAL ABOUT IT, then MW3 was Activision's ELEVENTH game on consoles... If we're going to be technical, but I'm not...

Bad Company, Modern Combat, and 1943 are completely separate from Battlefield the canon series. We don't talk about Call of Duty and mention Finest Hour, Big Red One, Roads to Victory, or World at War Final Fronts... LoL.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#40Donuts_R_GoodPosted 5/8/2013 10:46:03 AM
SpydogK posted...
So no, BF3 DID NOT FAIL. It accomplished everything it was supposed to accomplish.

Yeah, ok.

EA made it very clear that their primary objective was to outsell MW3. It failed that objective.

Ha, I loved that quote EA said when they lost. "OHH YEAAAHHH, ummm, we totally, like, just wanted to DENT the sales... that's it... so yeah... we're winner."
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.