Should I keep this or trade it in for Skyrim?

#11TheRisingSonPosted 5/8/2013 1:32:26 PM
You're comparing apples to oranges. One is a FPS, multiplayer focused game and the other is a Single player RPG. Two entirely different experiences. I have both Skyrim and COD: BO2 and I appreciate both games. When I tire of one, I'll usually pop in the other.

I'd say just save up money to buy Skyrim without trading in BO 2. Besides which, the Legendary Edition of Skyrim is supposed to be releasing soon (with all DLC content included) I'd just wait for that if I were you.
#12GameFan692Posted 5/8/2013 1:39:40 PM
I remember playing Skyrim last year and I was blown away. It was such a nice change of pace from MP games and the content was massive. I'd say go for it.
---
GT: DarKShoTs
#13Sabrewolf1377(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 1:47:21 PM
TheRisingSon posted...
You're comparing apples to oranges. One is a FPS, multiplayer focused game and the other is a Single player RPG. Two entirely different experiences. I have both Skyrim and COD: BO2 and I appreciate both games. When I tire of one, I'll usually pop in the other.

I'd say just save up money to buy Skyrim without trading in BO 2. Besides which, the Legendary Edition of Skyrim is supposed to be releasing soon (with all DLC content included) I'd just wait for that if I were you.

Yeah, I know about the legendary edition. Thing is, I have enough MSP to get the DLC.
Plus, I need a change of pace. Yes, it would be nice to have both, but I'm not in that kind of position yet. Maybe I'll get BO2 back at some point.

GameFan692 posted...
I remember playing Skyrim last year and I was blown away. It was such a nice change of pace from MP games and the content was massive. I'd say go for it.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Something different. From all the gameplay I've seen, and how in depth it is, I'm ready for a change. Just tired of BO2 freezing my 360 after a few MP games. And yes, I know it's a bad code and not my 360.
#14JonnywestsidePosted 5/8/2013 2:07:31 PM
I would try and get Skyrim but keep Blops 2.

Skyrim is without doubt one of the finest games ever made and I've put more hours in to it than the last 2 CoDs combined but it's a completely different game. It's not the kind of game you play to kill an hour it's the kind of game you have a big session with on a lazy Sunday.

It'll get stale after a while particularly the loading screens and repetive fetch quests but the freedom and customization mean you can always go back to it. I'm doing a playthrough ATM because Game of Thrones brought it back to mind but it's nice to have CoD there for an hour of mindless fun.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#15Shura_SurplicePosted 5/8/2013 2:10:13 PM
Fvlakng posted...
Buddy, please get Skyrim, you will not regret it. If you are feeling this way about COD, Skyrim is a total change of pace, biggest immersion you will experience and I can tell you right now that if you are feeling like trading, just do it. I played Skyrim from day 1 and I still miss the background music, the style of play. Once you get into Skyrim, learn about your character, your weapons, potions, shouts, magic, you will love it. It took me 9 weeks to prestige master and I am considering going back to Skyrim myself.

This

You won't regret it
---
MW2 is the CoD of the noobs
#16Sabrewolf1377(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:10:58 PM
Jonnywestside posted...

Skyrim is without doubt one of the finest games ever made and I've put more hours in to it than the last 2 CoDs combined but it's a completely different game. It's not the kind of game you play to kill an hour it's the kind of game you have a big session with on a lazy Sunday.

It'll get stale after a while particularly the loading screens and repetive fetch quests but the freedom and customization mean you can always go back to it. I'm doing a playthrough ATM because Game of Thrones brought it back to mind but it's nice to have CoD there for an hour of mindless fun.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but BLOPS 2 keeps freezing after a few online games. It's happened with every disc I've gotten and I've went through 3 of them. It's frustrating.
#17JonnywestsidePosted 5/8/2013 2:21:59 PM
Sabrewolf1377 posted...
Jonnywestside posted...

I wouldn't mind doing that, but BLOPS 2 keeps freezing after a few online games. It's happened with every disc I've gotten and I've went through 3 of them. It's frustrating.

This could be an issue with your XBOX and Skyrim could be worse, even when installed on a brand new 260 GB slim it worked my XBOX pretty hard. The fan is twice as loud when I play Skyrim.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#18TheBEST305gamerPosted 5/8/2013 2:36:29 PM
If you don't play zombies, I see no reason to keep this game. Skyrim is a fantastic game that will keep you busy for a while. I highly highly highly recommend it!
#19Billy-De-KidPosted 5/8/2013 2:43:48 PM
Skyrim is really good, but I have gotten a little tired of it since I bought a year ago. Stick with one character, if you repeatedly make more characters than you can play, you will burn through Skyrim, just a little advice.

I'd also like to recommend Far Cry 3.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#20TheRisingSonPosted 5/8/2013 3:21:11 PM
Must be your Xbox causing the problems. My BO2 doesn't freeze up on me and I've only ever had the one copy since day one.