Are today's console Call of Duty gamers skilled at the game?

#1knucklezPosted 5/9/2013 11:03:41 AM
I've always been just decent at games like counterstrike and unreal

but when I play COD games I just dominate 99% of the time without really trying,

It seems that the skill level has dropped dramatically of the average gamer.

Anyone get this feel?
---
I am the ultimate guru and master of anime on GameFAQs.
Ask me anything I know more than anyone on this site I guarantee it.
#2fatclemenzaPosted 5/9/2013 11:10:22 AM
not so stealthy "cod takes no skill" topic
---
His days of asking are all gone, his fight goes on, and on, and on
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all, so he strikes like Thunderball
#3Webmaster4531Posted 5/9/2013 11:11:01 AM
The casuals started playing. Back in the day barely anyone had good internet connections or the pc hardware to play.

For ps2 all you had was SOCOM and the Xbox didn't get legs until the end of it's life. It was the Halo Box for a long time. It always blew my mind when Bloodwake something or other was considered good compared to other xbox titles.

If you're talking about the Xbox 360 but not the ps3 then maybe the kinectors are having an effect.
#4ih0tfireiPosted 5/9/2013 11:22:42 AM
Less skilled. Not sure whose fault it is but games as a whole are easier. Maybe its just me but starting with Blops 1 the aim assist became ridiculous. I don't remember any shooter pulling my POV to a enemy I can't even see yet like this game does.

I wonder how many kids today could beat Mike Tysons punch out? Or better yet, even get to him?
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#5knucklez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:23:27 AM
fatclemenza posted...
not so stealthy "cod takes no skill" topic

What? I never said that dude. WTF
---
#6FvlakngPosted 5/9/2013 11:24:01 AM
It's the new trend in Videogames, to mainstream a game that was only for a "niche" audience. They made this COD too easy, so little kids don't get discouraged after playing a few games and being destroyed. Pretty soon, they will end up destroying the identity of the community, since any fool can play
#7knucklez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:24:52 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
The casuals started playing. Back in the day barely anyone had good internet connections or the pc hardware to play.

For ps2 all you had was SOCOM and the Xbox didn't get legs until the end of it's life. It was the Halo Box for a long time. It always blew my mind when Bloodwake something or other was considered good compared to other xbox titles.

If you're talking about the Xbox 360 but not the ps3 then maybe the kinectors are having an effect.

We never really had a problem with squeakers back in the day, either. The only little kids playing were the ones who were nerdy and really into the game. They pwned in silence.
---
#8roach06Posted 5/9/2013 11:25:34 AM
The average skill of gamers has dropped. But that is because there are A LOT more people playing games. Most of these "new gamers" are casual gamers that might only play a few hours a week if that and never have the time to develop skill.

Any popular game will have a high number of terrible players...but the top notch players will be just as skilled as any other game.
---
GT: Roach4488 --------------Clan: UD3D #1 Large Elite Clan
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#9knucklez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:25:51 AM
Fvlakng posted...
It's the new trend in Videogames, to mainstream a game that was only for a "niche" audience. They made this COD too easy, so little kids don't get discouraged after playing a few games and being destroyed. Pretty soon, they will end up destroying the identity of the community, since any fool can play

The playing field is a lot more even. It was pretty discouraging going into a game back in the day and just getting wrecked over and over until you got the hang of it.
---
#10Andrew_RyannPosted 5/9/2013 11:31:19 AM
knucklez posted...
Fvlakng posted...

The playing field is a lot more even. It was pretty discouraging going into a game back in the day and just getting wrecked over and over until you got the hang of it.

More popular = more casuals = higher number of unskilled players. Isn't rocket science.

Take League of Legends for example. Its the mainstream Dota game, and thus there are TONS of horrible players playing it. My friend prefers it over HoN (Heroes of Newerth) he says because he "dominates" in it, whereas in HoN he almost always gets crushed, even by "new" players. This is a good comparison because they are in essence the same exact game...only real difference is community. The smaller a community, the more niche it is, and more likely you are to find people that care seriously about being good at it.