Are today's console Call of Duty gamers skilled at the game?

#11ih0tfireiPosted 5/9/2013 12:39:26 PM
knucklez posted...
Fvlakng posted...
It's the new trend in Videogames, to mainstream a game that was only for a "niche" audience. They made this COD too easy, so little kids don't get discouraged after playing a few games and being destroyed. Pretty soon, they will end up destroying the identity of the community, since any fool can play

The playing field is a lot more even. It was pretty discouraging going into a game back in the day and just getting wrecked over and over until you got the hang of it.

No, that's exactly how its supposed to be. You get wrecked until you get better, then you start wrecking. If you want to make the game mechanics easier for new comers to understand, great. Don't however, reward players for being bad or dumb down the game to help casuals.

There's a reason why people hated last stand, death streaks, support killstreaks and martyrdom.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#12angrybirdsdudePosted 5/9/2013 1:37:26 PM
I think the community was best (skill level wise) in MW3 tbqh. I ran into a lot of good players in SnD and Dom / KC in that game. More than I remembered running into in previous games.
---
spread the <3
#13FeelMyBladePosted 5/9/2013 1:58:51 PM
You will run into a lot of terrible players. But you can also find decent players too.

The game mode where I find to have the most amount of competitive player is HQ.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Remember kids, CoD4 will always be better than MW2.
#14knucklez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:42:00 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
knucklez posted...
Fvlakng posted...
It's the new trend in Videogames, to mainstream a game that was only for a "niche" audience. They made this COD too easy, so little kids don't get discouraged after playing a few games and being destroyed. Pretty soon, they will end up destroying the identity of the community, since any fool can play

The playing field is a lot more even. It was pretty discouraging going into a game back in the day and just getting wrecked over and over until you got the hang of it.

No, that's exactly how its supposed to be. You get wrecked until you get better, then you start wrecking. If you want to make the game mechanics easier for new comers to understand, great. Don't however, reward players for being bad or dumb down the game to help casuals.

There's a reason why people hated last stand, death streaks, support killstreaks and martyrdom.

Those people are the vast minority now though unfortunately.

I did like the learning curve. Even on games like DOTA you had this huge learning curve. But then LoL came out and evened it out. Gamers want an easy ride these days, but still want to feel like they're being competitive. It's weird and nearly delusional. COD is at the top of the list for this type of game design.
---
I am the ultimate guru and master of anime on GameFAQs.
Ask me anything I know more than anyone on this site I guarantee it.
#15majorgalaxyPosted 5/9/2013 2:45:14 PM
knucklez posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
The casuals started playing. Back in the day barely anyone had good internet connections or the pc hardware to play.

For ps2 all you had was SOCOM and the Xbox didn't get legs until the end of it's life. It was the Halo Box for a long time. It always blew my mind when Bloodwake something or other was considered good compared to other xbox titles.

If you're talking about the Xbox 360 but not the ps3 then maybe the kinectors are having an effect.

We never really had a problem with squeakers back in the day, either. The only little kids playing were the ones who were nerdy and really into the game. They pwned in silence.

I still remember the day when a kid was crying and yelling at a guy that he was gonna tell his mom on him.

one of the best gaming sessions of my life.
---
Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean we can't point out how stupid it is.
GT:MayorofEarth2
#16knucklez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:57:01 PM
LOL.

We had ragers in older games too. ESPECIALLY SC and WC3. But it was all over text. Voice chat elevated that s*** to a new level.
---
I am the ultimate guru and master of anime on GameFAQs.
Ask me anything I know more than anyone on this site I guarantee it.
#17J_Dawg983Posted 5/9/2013 3:06:25 PM
fatclemenza posted...
not so stealthy "cod takes no skill" topic

Then he shouldn't be dying.
---
RSN: Pridefc
PSN: Jaosin
#18startedONatariPosted 5/9/2013 3:48:09 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
Less skilled. Not sure whose fault it is but games as a whole are easier. Maybe its just me but starting with Blops 1 the aim assist became ridiculous. I don't remember any shooter pulling my POV to a enemy I can't even see yet like this game does.

I wonder how many kids today could beat Mike Tysons punch out? Or better yet, even get to him?

kids these days couldn't get to tyson with the password. lol.

even better. battletoads, i bet they couldn't clear level 3. damn that game was hard!