Went 34-7 with using the Executioner

#51imthestuntmanPosted 5/12/2013 11:48:19 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/66123033
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#52LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 5/12/2013 11:48:59 AM
Statistically it is a "bad" gun though. Simply because someone does good with it doesn't make it any better. Your argument is flawed in that you're comparing your skill with the gun to others with the gun. In which case you're simply saying that you're better then them.

Compare the Executioner with the other pistols and it's outclassed therefore a worse weapon therefore bad.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see
#53Wookie_Is_BackPosted 5/12/2013 10:01:54 PM
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
Statistically it is a "bad" gun though. Simply because someone does good with it doesn't make it any better. Your argument is flawed in that you're comparing your skill with the gun to others with the gun. In which case you're simply saying that you're better then them.

Compare the Executioner with the other pistols and it's outclassed therefore a worse weapon therefore bad.

Probably because one, it's a shotgun, and two, it's a secondary one at that, so it's in a niche. And in said niche, it's a very good weapon.
#54bigbug1992Posted 5/13/2013 12:16:14 AM
The kap-40 be such a crunk gun. I got a VSAT only usin da kap not too long ago.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#55LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 5/13/2013 12:33:51 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Probably because one, it's a shotgun, and two, it's a secondary one at that, so it's in a niche. And in said niche, it's a very good weapon.**

OK, I'll bite. In said niche when would a KAP not be a better option? Or for that matter spending two points for an actual shotgun.

The fact the you like this gun, can do well with it, or whatever else doesn't make it a good gun by any means. Finally, if you're saying that the Executioner is a good gun and that virtually every other weapon is better, and they are. Then "good" becomes pointless and your argument meaningless. If you can openly admit that this gun is "in general" better then even the other secondary choices then fine.

Otherwise, you have to admit that this gun is "bad".
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see
#56ShrontzyPosted 5/13/2013 1:34:51 PM
Soramaxpower posted...
Shrontzy posted...
I love these idiots. "It's bad because it's bad!" Pure genius boys! Way to defend your argument. Times like these I remember PEME, Personal Experience Means Everything. There is no better teacher than experience, and your personal experience will certainly be different than others. Just because TC has a good series of games with executioner and you don't doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically a bad gun. Opinion is nearly always subjective and as such can rarely be concrete right or wrong, yes or no. It's certainly not a gun you're going to snipe with but more of a CQC gun. Interesting challenge to try and using it, breaking outside your comfort zone of SMG's or Sniper classes. I guess there are some people who perfer more of a challenge than just sitting back 360 no scoping which honestly requires hardly any real skill at all. I'm sorry if you haven't developed an effective technique on using an executioner but you can always try something new and just might find it's enjoyable.

"I've never had a bad teacher, this means there are none!"

Hmm...not sure if troll or just oblivious to the obvious.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#57Wookie_Is_BackPosted 5/17/2013 12:11:58 AM
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Probably because one, it's a shotgun, and two, it's a secondary one at that, so it's in a niche. And in said niche, it's a very good weapon.**

OK, I'll bite. In said niche when would a KAP not be a better option? Or for that matter spending two points for an actual shotgun.

The fact the you like this gun, can do well with it, or whatever else doesn't make it a good gun by any means. Finally, if you're saying that the Executioner is a good gun and that virtually every other weapon is better, and they are. Then "good" becomes pointless and your argument meaningless. If you can openly admit that this gun is "in general" better then even the other secondary choices then fine.

Otherwise, you have to admit that this gun is "bad".

Good is a relative term. In relation to weapons in the same niche as the Executioner, it's a good secondary gun.
#58RapaleemanPosted 5/17/2013 6:21:59 AM(edited)
The Executioner is my number one gun in game. I love it. I love the looks, the reload, and the overall use of the weapon. It requires one to be up close, personal, and mobile.

One issue is that outside of essentially knifing range, it is borderline worthless. 3-4 shots to kill at its maximum range on a good day is the norm and 5 shots on target with hitmarkers without securing the kill has happened more than I would like. Any sort of lag makes the gun worthless at point blank as well since it takes away its one good trait. That being the OSK.

Not only that, but in order to make it even remotely competitive you need Fast Mags as it has an LMG reload time. Long Barrell is helpful but honestly isn't required as the drop off is so severe (even after the buff) that it really doesn't help all that much in practice.

Here's the kicker though. If knifing in this game was reliable, then a Combat Knife or Ballistic Knife would be better choices. At the range that the Executioner can OSK, a person is close enough that an extra step to knife the target isn't out of the question.

While I get that Treyarch modeled the Executioner after the canceled 28 gauge variant of the Raging Judge, the ability to switch ballistics would have been nice as an attachment. The two Judges that I own (a Public Defender and a 3" full size model) can fire 410 shotshells and 45 Long Colt rounds. Those shotshells can also be slugs, bird shot, or my new favorite the PDX1 Defenders (3 steel plates and 12 steel BBs).

The other issue is that the niche that this weapon fills can be easily filled by a weapon that doesn't even cost a point (the Combat Knife) if the knifing in this game was consistent. Due to the crap knifing, a Kap 40 from the hip is still a better alternative due to the disturbingly low hip spread of the pistols. Granted you lose the OHK ability but it still has a fast TTK thanks to the automatic fire. All the pistols at point blank have fast TTKs so take your pick really though the full auto of the Kap makes it the ideal choice.

As a note: Whoever said that adding the Long Barrell makes it a Raging Judge is actually incorrent. What makes it a Raging Judge is the fact that it is a) full sized in both the grip and the frame and b) contains Taurus's gel stripe on the handle for shock. That's how Taurus differentiates its line up. Barrell size is not the factor. The real life Raging Judge variant is also differed from the others by the inclusion of the capability to fire the 454 round as well as the 45 Long Colt and 410. Not to mention that the thing is huge and borderline unwieldy which is why I chose the 3" full size over the Raging 3" variant.

tl:dr - Just because someone can do well with a weapon doesn't mean it is a good weapon or not outclassed by other weapons in its class.

End Rant
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#59InjusticeRebornPosted 5/17/2013 6:56:38 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
SPARTAN-034 posted...
Except it isnt bad though. You have to use it right and its excellent.

If it isnt bad, why dont more people use?

Exactly, it is terrible.

Though it isn't said exactly in this quote, this is the logic as to why I think quick-scoping has reached an all time high in this game.

On topic of the gun, used for the first time last night. It was fun to use, because there was a challenge - because it's absolute pants, but thrilling when you get the kill. The kills were more enjoyable because it was against the idiot community who decided to vote for Grind 6 times in a bleeding row.

I can't believe the thing was getting hit markers in CQC. I got a triple kill killcam where I got behind the whole enemy team. 2 shots to one of them with their back to me, and to try and put it into perspective - it was close enough to be a OSK with the S12.