One Shot Kill Weapons

#1allaboutjosh14Posted 5/10/2013 9:29:58 PM
Do you think they should be in the game? I think its pretty cheesy & its really no counter for those weapons. Only time i feel you should get a one shot kill is when you connect anywhere above the chest.
---
PSN Chase_atm_bank
Gamertag Chaseatmbank
#2kakoratePosted 5/10/2013 9:47:49 PM
I think it works fine in this game. Having a sniper that isn't relatively reliable to be a one-shot-kill would essentially eliminate them from the game completely. Same with shotguns at close range. Game just needs to do something about quickscoping,
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#3imthestuntmanPosted 5/10/2013 9:51:33 PM
kakorate posted...
I think it works fine in this game. Having a sniper that isn't relatively reliable to be a one-shot-kill would essentially eliminate them from the game completely. Same with shotguns at close range. Game just needs to do something about quickscoping,

It is broken when people are amazing at it.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#4Don_of_BladesPosted 5/10/2013 10:18:32 PM
so long as there are drawbacks ie: slow rof, ads delay, ect. its fine with me.

i just wish there were more ironsight snipers. think i might use my next token on the ballista just for irons and hc mode.
#5pyrokinesis666Posted 5/10/2013 10:21:20 PM
removing quickscoping isnt hard, treyarch just caters to those users and dont want to make them whine and cry.
#6gamester091Posted 5/10/2013 11:28:22 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
removing quickscoping isnt hard, treyarch just caters to those users and dont want to make them whine and cry.

God all they would have to do to remove quickscoping is make it so you can fire a sniper unless zoomed for more then 2 seconds...not only does it remove quick scoping, but removes people trying to get that "sick" 360 no scope for that "awesome" montage.

People would freaking use snipers the way they were ment (like I do...)
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#7Aether_LyricPosted 5/10/2013 11:34:42 PM
gamester091 posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...

God all they would have to do to remove quickscoping is make it so you can fire a sniper unless zoomed for more then 2 seconds...not only does it remove quick scoping, but removes people trying to get that "sick" 360 no scope for that "awesome" montage.

That's kind of what they did at the beginning of BO1. It was patched because of the outcry that it made snipers useless and uncompetitive. The ability to quickscope is intentional by Treyarch and they're not going to change it :\
#8gamester091Posted 5/10/2013 11:39:10 PM
Aether_Lyric posted...
gamester091 posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...

That's kind of what they did at the beginning of BO1. It was patched because of the outcry that it made snipers useless and uncompetitive. The ability to quickscope is intentional by Treyarch and they're not going to change it :\

Well if people wanted to quickscope they just put iron sights for every sniper....if you really wanna use a sniper the way it isnt supposed to be used you should have to work for the attachment to let you do so
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#9GSenjouPosted 5/11/2013 12:35:52 AM
imthestuntman posted...
kakorate posted...

It is broken when people are amazing at it.

So in other words, someone who's amazing at it makes it powerful? Wow, where do I even start...
#10Spooky-MittensPosted 5/11/2013 12:48:26 AM
It's a valid, if irritating, game strategy. Is it easier to pull up a heavy rifle and land your only bullet directly in someone's chest, or is it easier to hold the trigger and wave your crosshair at the general area of your enemy?

To be honest, I'm a garbage sniper. I can't do it myself, and while it's definitely irritating to get plugged at point-blank range by a DSR 50 in Core, I find it equally irritating to get plugged by the Remington or KSG, so I don't really differentiate them. I find picking shorter sight-lines and tight corners against quick-scopers, while limiting, affords me a slight advantage.

Additionally, quick-scoping is persona non grata in Hardcore. If you're cool with being able to 1 shot with ALL the guns then that's where you should play.