Are Ex Conditioning & Hardwired outclassed by other perks in their tiers?

#1AbsoluteZeroX19Posted 5/10/2013 11:00:10 PM
I mean, Extreme Conditioning? Only 2x sprint time? It should be unlimited sprint because there are more useful perks in Tier 3 like Dexterity, Tac Mask and Engineer. I think Dead Silence and Awareness perks are also useless because you can't sound wh*** in this game.

Also Hardwired? What it only does is nullify the effects of the EMP grenade and EMP scorestreak and CUAV resistance. And nothing else. I mean, compared to the amount of people using concussions and flashbangs, not that many people run the EMP grenade and the CUAV scorestreak. It's probably the worst perk in its tier. Seriously? It's practically outclassed by any other Tier 2 perk. You're gonna waste a point slot for this? When there are far more better perks to use like Toughness or Scavenger or Fast Hands?

These perks very badly need a buff to be more competitive against perks in each of their tiers.

I would like to know your opinions on these. Do you think the Hardwired perk should also have an Anti-VSAT effect? Maybe that'll make Hardwired a much more better perk? Or will it be too OP?

Would making Extreme Conditioning unlimited sprint be too OP? Or just right?
Discuss.
---
"You only need to be 1 step braver. The rest will take care of itself."
- Follow me on Twitter! @AbsoluteZeroX19
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 5/10/2013 11:13:38 PM
running and not being able to shoot and/or reload is op
---
Whenever I look at you I'm reminded of everything I hate about myself. You know it hurts.
#3arena11Posted 5/10/2013 11:14:13 PM
Most people realized this before the game even came out. Pick 10 is a decent experiment if all of the perks were balanced, but they're just not. Look at Blind Eye, mostly used to dodge hunter killer drones. I rarely saw people use fast hands or hardwired, and maybe saw a handful of cold blooded users. Footsteps are embarrassing, making both dead silence and awareness useless. Extreme conditioning is hardly ever used.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#4FeelMyBladePosted 5/10/2013 11:14:20 PM
I wouldn't call them outclassed, just less useful.

There are times when hardwire is pretty useful. You will run into lobbies with players spamming emp grenades, and counter UAVs. Then it really helps, especially if you are not using an iron sight.

But it's a good thing we have wildcards.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
#5oarphishmoePosted 5/10/2013 11:15:04 PM
Well seeing as how this game is **** compared to MW2/MW3 and BO1..

..I don't think it matters. Even though I wish EC was unlimited and it should be.
---
Proud fan of The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Syracuse Orange Basketball and The New York Mets.
#6AbsoluteZeroX19(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:20:44 PM
I actually sometimes use Fast Hands when using a sniper. It's useful when switching to a pistol. You already swap to a pistol, which has the fastest swap time of any other gun, then you stack than with Fast Hands and you're swap speed doubles. Almost an instant swap when I'm reloading/missed a shot in a gunfight.
---
"You only need to be 1 step braver. The rest will take care of itself."
- Follow me on Twitter! @AbsoluteZeroX19
#7Aether_LyricPosted 5/10/2013 11:25:16 PM
Extreme Conditioning is useful for objective games and shotguns, especially with Lightweight. Dead Silence is by far the worst perk in its tier.
#8metalclashPosted 5/10/2013 11:26:24 PM
What I mainly use on all classes

Perk 1: Lightweight, Flak Jacket
Perk 2: Cold Blooded, Toughness, Fast Hands
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning, Dexterity, Dead Silence

Fast hands for my riot shield C4 class, and to quickly switch to a pistol. Cold Blooded and dead silence for stealth, and everything else is just a useful perk in general.
---
Anyone else here from Jersey and goes airsofting?
#9DemotivatingPosted 5/10/2013 11:40:57 PM
arena11 posted...
Most people realized this before the game even came out. Pick 10 is a decent experiment if all of the perks were balanced, but they're just not. Look at Blind Eye, mostly used to dodge hunter killer drones. I rarely saw people use fast hands or hardwired, and maybe saw a handful of cold blooded users. Footsteps are embarrassing, making both dead silence and awareness useless. Extreme conditioning is hardly ever used.

Not to mention some of the other perks are pretty much required. Fj, Ghost, Toughness, etc. Pick 10 sounded good in theory, but didn't work well in practice.
#10Model_OmegaPosted 5/10/2013 11:44:04 PM
The perk balance in this game is pretty bad, but then again no CoD has had balanced perks.
Flak Jacket and Ghost dominate tier 1, Toughness for tier 2 and Dexterity and Tac Mask for tier 3, Blind Eye, Hard-Wired, Extreme Cond. and the sound perks seem borderline useless in this game
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...