Are Ex Conditioning & Hardwired outclassed by other perks in their tiers?

#11imthestuntmanPosted 5/10/2013 11:49:45 PM
My most used perks:

Tier 1: flak jacket, lightweight, blind eye (cant stand random killstreak deaths so have to load a class or 2 with it when facing a good team)

Tier 2: scavenger. (I dont notice much of a difference with toughness 90% of the time)

Tier 3: extreme conditioning, engineer.

None of the other perks are really worthwhile for me since i dont notice a significant difference from dexterity/toughness and really dont care about ghost.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#12FeelMyBladePosted 5/10/2013 11:51:38 PM
Mine would be:

Tier1: Flak Jacket, Ghost
Tier2: Toughness
Tier3: Dex, Engineer, Tactical mask

But tier 3 and tier 1 is very situational depending on enemy players
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Remember kids, CoD4 and BO2 will always be better than MW2.
#13arena11Posted 5/11/2013 12:10:19 AM
imthestuntman posted...
My most used perks:

Tier 1: flak jacket, lightweight, blind eye (cant stand random killstreak deaths so have to load a class or 2 with it when facing a good team)

Tier 2: scavenger. (I dont notice much of a difference with toughness 90% of the time)

Tier 3: extreme conditioning, engineer.

None of the other perks are really worthwhile for me since i dont notice a significant difference from dexterity/toughness and really dont care about ghost.

This just proves how useless half of the perks are. Instead of nerfing everything, developers should make every aspect competitive. I should feel the need to pick Dead Silence or Awareness, not completely ignore them.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium. Member of the MW2 master race. #Salute if you are too.
#14Spooky-MittensPosted 5/11/2013 12:23:50 AM
I would agree that these two perks are situational if not completely under-powered. I find that mixing Ex Conditioning with Engineer and a SMG is fairly useful for CTF, while Hardwired is a nice second tier2 perk if you're going for 6 perks.

I personally run Ghost, Scavenger, and Dexterity. If I take a second perk it's usually Blind-eye because I hate Hunterkillers and wish whoever decided those were a good idea would choke on something horrible >:C
#15AbsoluteZeroX19(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 1:11:16 AM
But what do you guys think? Does the Hardwired perk needs to have an Anti-VSAT effect? Would that be too OP or not? IMO, it would be OP.
---
"You only need to be 1 step braver. The rest will take care of itself."
- Follow me on Twitter! @AbsoluteZeroX19
#16starmaine1990Posted 5/11/2013 2:00:14 AM
10 slot system wouldnt even be bad if you didn't had to waste 2 of them just to use wildcard.
---
Gamer tag : Starmaine18 Mario kart wii 4682-8852-9467
3DS 1289 8415 6937 pk white (3096 1225 4993)
#17Spooky-MittensPosted 5/11/2013 9:22:45 AM
AbsoluteZeroX19 posted...
But what do you guys think? Does the Hardwired perk needs to have an Anti-VSAT effect? Would that be too OP or not? IMO, it would be OP.

I think an anti-vsat function would be a bit too OP. Maybe an anti MMS function instead of cold-blooded, or protection from Guardians (even though that wouldn't make sense and the only explanation I can think of for it would be "lol a wizard did it")
#18xHonestyxPosted 5/11/2013 9:28:54 AM
Forget it, perks won't change. It's too late.
#19f41lurizerPosted 5/11/2013 10:04:49 AM
Scavenger is getting no love. and I love that perk...
#20DtheBruiserPosted 5/11/2013 10:09:46 AM
arena11 posted...
Most people realized this before the game even came out. Pick 10 is a decent experiment if all of the perks were balanced, but they're just not. Look at Blind Eye, mostly used to dodge hunter killer drones. I rarely saw people use fast hands or hardwired, and maybe saw a handful of cold blooded users. Footsteps are embarrassing, making both dead silence and awareness useless. Extreme conditioning is hardly ever used.

I agree except that cold blooded is the s*** and very underrated.

On a long range class (or on carrier and aftermath) it is almost necessary since it makes such a big difference in you not being spotted. It makes target finders weak sauce. On hardcore mode it is beast since people hesitate to shoot you without a red name. And of course you no longer have to feel like the only one targetred by player controlled scorestreaks.

Great perk IMO
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow