Any chance of them patching an option to toggle DLC maps on/off?

#1JonnywestsidePosted 5/11/2013 3:25:47 AM
I enjoy the maps but when I play at certain times it's impossible to find a match in certain gamemodes and even in the popular modes I will repeatedly get placed in the same French/Belgian/German/Spanish lobbies where I have a terrible connection. I can't imagine what it'd be like if I only had one of the map packs.

They really should bring this option back.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#2RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/11/2013 3:29:57 AM
Im so sick of studio and Nuketown. Id love to be able to play the original maps only sometimes.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#3White_Knight_01Posted 5/11/2013 3:34:23 AM
cant you just delete them?

also if your being put into lobbies with people from France and Germany ect it can be the same as playing with someone who lives 2 doors down from you, it all depends on how good their connection is. i only get lag if the host has a poor connection, some of my best games have been hosted by friends in Holland.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#4Jonnywestside(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:44:43 AM
White_Knight_01 posted...
cant you just delete them?

also if your being put into lobbies with people from France and Germany ect it can be the same as playing with someone who lives 2 doors down from you, it all depends on how good their connection is. i only get lag if the host has a poor connection, some of my best games have been hosted by friends in Holland.

I can delete them but that means redownloading them when i want to play them which is a majority of the time.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#5Aether_LyricPosted 5/11/2013 4:08:49 AM
Vonderhaar said they considered it but they didn't want to ruin matchmaking for DLC owners
#6The_Gun_Sh0wPosted 5/11/2013 4:14:19 AM
I downloaded the new map pack but deleted it after a week due to terrible connections. Playing at Midnight on a week night with only map pack people is a seriously small pool of players to get a good connection from. I won't be buying another map pack unfortunately.
---
Gamertag: The Gun Sh0w
#7macmaniganPosted 5/11/2013 8:08:21 AM
You can move the maps to a removable drive and pull it out when you don't want them.
#8f41lurizerPosted 5/11/2013 10:08:52 AM
Step 1. Get a flash drive
Step 2. Transfer map packs from Xbox Hard drive to flash drive
Insert flash drive when map packs are desired
Take out flash drive when map packs are not desired.
You will need to restart the game every time you switch dlc.

Get a big enough flash drive
#9flame030191Posted 5/11/2013 10:16:00 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Vonderhaar said they considered it but they didn't want to ruin matchmaking for DLC owners

Funny thing is, it doesn't hurt matchmaking.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us