So with the recent AR thread...

#21bigbug1992Posted 5/13/2013 1:13:04 AM
hey maine. da an-94 be muh favorite gun. i like da ak47 and i da an-94 be da spiritual susessor
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#22CaffeineSnorterPosted 5/13/2013 3:00:33 AM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
an-94 was the best before and still is.

it all comes down to personal preference

though it is a close call for the m27 when it comes to HC.

Really? I'd vouch for the complete opposite. Recoil is negligible in Hardcore if you have good aim, and the SCAR has the best OHKO range of automatic ARs + awesome irons.

Maybe if you are only running into one person but people tend to stick together in HC so the high rate of fire and negligible recoil makes it easy to transition targets.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#23lexussssPosted 5/13/2013 4:51:58 AM
majorgalaxy posted...
the reason SCAR is called the SCAR because of the giant chest cavity it leaves on the enemy.

Tool
#24webbc99Posted 5/13/2013 5:46:43 AM
an-94 was the best before and still is.

it all comes down to personal preference

though it is a close call for the m27 when it comes to HC.

Really? I'd vouch for the complete opposite. Recoil is negligible in Hardcore if you have good aim, and the SCAR has the best OHKO range of automatic ARs + awesome irons.

Maybe if you are only running into one person but people tend to stick together in HC so the high rate of fire and negligible recoil makes it easy to transition targets.

But the M27 doesn't have a high rate of fire, and it's actually weak enough that you can see hitmarkers in hardcore. The M27 is an absolutely terrible gun.

Best AR, imo, is a tie between SCAR-H, M8A1 and AN-94, and that goes for both core and hardcore.

All three are exceptionally powerful, but quite different in style. I personally think the M8A1 is better than the FAL/SMR, because of it's crazy one-burst-kill capability in very close range, which is a huge weakness of the FAL/SMR, very difficult to use at point blank.

The SCAR-H and AN-94 have excellent Iron Sights, which imo are waaay better than the FAL and SMR sights. This saves me two slots on my pick 10, because I am able to run quickdraw and adjustable stock and not have to worry about a reflect sight.

In Hardcore, the M8A1 can kill multiple people in one burst. It's extremely good at long range, and you can wildly drag your aim all over the place and still kill people with it. The SCAR-H is a verrrry long (longest?) range one-shot kill AR.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Soul Sacrifice, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#25macmaniganPosted 5/13/2013 6:12:09 AM
I like AN94, FAL & SMR the best. My thoughts on ARs is that they need to have good kill range or there is no point in using them over smgs.