Would you play a "Classic" playlist?

#1BgSoAPosted 5/12/2013 9:09:55 PM
So, background history, for those who didn't start playing until CoD4, Call of Duty originally would give you a list of weapons based on your team. For example, if you played as the Americans, you could use the M1 Garand, Thompson, BAR, etc. This changed to the class system in CoD4.

In a "Classic" play list, we would join a game, and be put on a team as usual. However, you would then choose a primary weapon. For example, the Seals would be able to choose from the M8A1, the MP7, the XPR-50, the M1216, and the MK48. They would then default to a frag grenade, a five-seven, and flash bangs. There would be no killstreaks, perks or attachments in this game mode.

I personally would play the **** out of this I think. It'd be fun as hell, because it would be harder to make any gun truly OP, due to the lack of perks or attachments, and people would probably be less angry at being killed since there'd be no killstreaks to go for.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#2MasterOfDaSkysPosted 5/12/2013 9:15:51 PM(edited)
I feel this is something that should have been put in World at War. Granted, the MP40 being exclusive to the Germans would turn some heads.

I feel it would have worked for MW3 and prior, but the disappointing thing about BO2 is the lack of dichotomy between the factions. In World at War or MW2, it was easy to tell if you were, say, SAS, or Red Army. This entry doesn't really have that feel. It could still happen, but IMO, it wouldn't have the "oomph" factor that it would have in previous games.
---
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp273/playcubeplayer/IMG000025.jpg
#3BgSoA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:23:16 PM
True; in the modern world many militaries and special forces units all carry similar weapons. But it would still be a fun thing, even if it lacks an "oomph" factor.
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"
#4XxOblivion77Posted 5/12/2013 9:28:07 PM
I want this but not the way you described.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
A fun game with flaws ALWAYS beats a flawed game with some fun parts. MW2 > BO2. - Haahahaha
#5BgSoA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:41:45 PM
XxOblivion77 posted...
I want this but not the way you described.

Feel free to offer a variation! I'd love to hear other people's ideas!
---
#6TimmotheussPosted 5/12/2013 9:48:58 PM
Any team with vonderhaar as the character model should be given only a book on how to properly create a netcode as a weapon.
---
GT: Pipnotiq
#7EmperorCarnatePosted 5/12/2013 10:30:30 PM
Timmotheuss posted...
Any team with vonderhaar as the character model should be given only a book on how to properly create a netcode as a weapon.

We both know that they would do the equivalent of quickscoping with it.
---
"Thats it! Christ deployed a tactical insertion before his crucifixtion." - ksbone_basic
First Emperor of the Fourth
#8TimmotheussPosted 5/12/2013 10:36:45 PM
EmperorCarnate posted...
Timmotheuss posted...

We both know that they would do the equivalent of quickscoping with it.

With him reading the book as the ADS and him saying "nah" as him shooting, that would be as quick of a quick scope as you could get.
---
GT: Pipnotiq