Concerning Weapon DLC

#1bigbug1992Posted 5/13/2013 10:04:09 AM
Do you think Treyarch is lying to us? Or can they actually NOT do more weapon DLC? - Results (72 votes)
Yes. I believe that there is no more room in the RAM for another weapon
23.61% (17 votes)
No, I think it is just laziness or money grabbing on Treyarch's part.
76.39% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We all know that Treyarch has confirmed there won't be any more weapon DLC for Black Ops 2.

The reasons provided by the community, (and not Treyarch themselves) is that there may not be any more room in the RAM for more weapons to be added.

Other people want to claim that Treyarch tried to scam people, promising the players weapon DLC, getting people to buy the Season Pass at a slightly discounted price,and running with the money
(If I recall, it dropped to 3200 MSP not too long after Revolution came out)

There are two points I would like to make against Treyarch in this instance.

Point 1: Battlefield did it. Not only did Battlefield add 4 Map Packs, and please remember these maps are massive, they added over 20 weapons, attachments, challenges, plus the Xbow with 4 or 5 different types of ammunition. If they can do it, why can't Treyarch add 1 weapon per DLC?

Point 2: Every new Zombies Mode gets a new weapon. Every Wonder Weapon, except for the Ray Gun, the Thundergun, and the Winter's Howl, has been added via DLC. Why can't they do it for Multiplayer?
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#2sonic_rockzPosted 5/13/2013 10:05:46 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
The reasons provided by the community, (and not Treyarch themselves) is that there may not be any more room in the RAM for more weapons to be added.

I don't think you understand what RAM is.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#3bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:08:49 AM
sonic_rockz posted...
bigbug1992 posted...

RAM. Random Access Memory. Each game is allowed 256 MB for system updates and add-ons, and apparently the DLC weapons are stored in the RAM for some reason.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards. Pope of the Church of MK 48
#4Lerp85Posted 5/13/2013 10:13:55 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
bigbug1992 posted...

RAM. Random Access Memory. Each game is allowed 256 MB for system updates and add-ons, and apparently the DLC weapons are stored in the RAM for some reason.

Mind providing a link to show where this is stated by treyarch?
#5bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:17:50 AM
Lerp85 posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
bigbug1992 posted...

Treyarch hasn't said anything on the matter, however, Infinity Ward said:

"the main issue is RAM. All of the weapons, characters, models, textures, and geo have to live in RAM. There is only 512 [MB] on the consoles. The problem then is adding weapons adds memory, and there isnít much or any left.Ē

That quote was found here: http://mp1st.com/2013/04/09/black-ops-2-treyarch-confirms-no-more-weapon-dlc/
---
#6Aether_LyricPosted 5/13/2013 10:20:27 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
Point 1: Battlefield did it. Not only did Battlefield add 4 Map Packs, and please remember these maps are massive, they added over 20 weapons, attachments, challenges, plus the Xbow with 4 or 5 different types of ammunition. If they can do it, why can't Treyarch add 1 weapon per DLC?

Battlefield was built with extra guns in mind, pretty simple. CoD could do it but they choose to utilize their RAM for different areas of the game. Next gen should be different, especially if the Peacekeeper experiment worked.
#7sonic_rockzPosted 5/13/2013 10:20:44 AM
Again, I really don't think you understand what RAM DOES.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#8MrArmageddon8Posted 5/13/2013 10:21:16 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
bigbug1992 posted...

Treyarch hasn't said anything on the matter, however, Infinity Ward said:

"the main issue is RAM. All of the weapons, characters, models, textures, and geo have to live in RAM. There is only 512 [MB] on the consoles. The problem then is adding weapons adds memory, and there isnít much or any left.Ē

That quote was found here: http://mp1st.com/2013/04/09/black-ops-2-treyarch-confirms-no-more-weapon-dlc/

Yet they will probably add another batch of crappy camo skins here soon...
#9bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:22:30 AM
MrArmageddon8 posted...

Yet they will probably add another batch of crappy camo skins here soon...

Yup. Plenty of room for camos that you have to pay for even though you bought the season pass. But nothing for people who bought the season pass expecting more weapons.
---
#10AphoristicPosted 5/13/2013 10:23:30 AM
The devs have complained about ram for the past 5+ years. It is a massive limitation in making games for the current gen of consoles.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]