The definitive list of things that people think are OP because they won't adapt

#41bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:50:16 AM
Demotivating posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
Are you implying that someone who is shot in the chest should not flinch at all? Or that there shouldn't be something that reduces flinching?

Either way, you are wrong.

Or maybe, you're the one that's wrong. Flinch has always been a stupid mechanic.

Well that's opinionated at the very least. I think Flinch is a fantastic mechanic. It stops enemies from shooting through your bullets with a higher ROF gun.

Example: I am an avid Peacekeeper user. When people get upset/angry they love to switch to the default Skorpion class. Without flinch, my Peacekeeper would NEVER win a gunfight against these people.
#42bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:52:16 AM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
McPinus posted...
There isn't anything in this game that is over powered. A more sensible argument is, do any of these things take away from the core fun factor that call of duty franchise has brought before? In my opinion, I think many of the elements of this game take away from that fun more than they bring fun.

That's what I'm saying but TC doesn't seem to grasp that concept.

That's not what this topic is about though. Sure, some of these things detract from gameplay, but they only detract from gameplay for the exact same reason people think they are OP. They refuse to adapt.
#43T_r_a_m_PPosted 5/17/2013 8:01:31 AM
You forgot about sensor grenades, I always soil myself wen one lands near me, completely op!
---
Gamertag: EtherealEgo
Veni, Vidi, Vici
#44McPinusPosted 5/17/2013 10:00:39 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
McPinus posted...
There isn't anything in this game that is over powered. A more sensible argument is, do any of these things take away from the core fun factor that call of duty franchise has brought before? In my opinion, I think many of the elements of this game take away from that fun more than they bring fun.

That's not what this topic is about though. Sure, some of these things detract from gameplay, but they only detract from gameplay for the exact same reason people think they are OP. They refuse to adapt.

I suppose the next question would be, why should someone adapt to a game that has so many flaws that detract from game-play? It doesn't make since to me for someone to force themselves to play a game they don't find enjoyable just so they can adapt to the differences of the a newer game. I'm assuming by saying refusing to adapt you mean to stop playing the game correct?
#45SupremeArticlePosted 5/17/2013 10:03:54 AM
you just listed the whole game
---
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i.imgur.com/pmeLud7.jpg
#46LerthyrPosted 5/17/2013 10:04:03 AM
Apparently, Betties and Claymores are OP now? Lmao
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#47timilayas99Posted 5/17/2013 10:10:46 AM
Lerthyr posted...

This. Flak Jacket eats Betties and Claymores for breakfast.
---
Go away.
#48bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:32:32 AM
timilayas99 posted...
Lerthyr posted...

This. Flak Jacket eats Betties and Claymores for breakfast.

But nobody wants to switch to their Flak Jacket class, so they just claim they are OP.
#49bigbug1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:36:42 AM
McPinus posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
McPinus posted...

I suppose the next question would be, why should someone adapt to a game that has so many flaws that detract from game-play? It doesn't make since to me for someone to force themselves to play a game they don't find enjoyable just so they can adapt to the differences of the a newer game. I'm assuming by saying refusing to adapt you mean to stop playing the game correct?

I want to know exactly what "flaws" you are talking about so I could formulate an argument specifically against each of your points. However, I have a feeling you are just being intentionally vague.
#50LerthyrPosted 5/17/2013 10:38:36 AM
I have Flak Jacket on all my classes because C4.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac