This game vs. Battlefield 3

#1dylan907Posted 5/14/2013 8:46:00 PM
I'm in an argument with myself to figure out which one in better.
#2Astro_B0mbPosted 5/14/2013 8:48:03 PM
I'll tell you what game is not good.

Black ops 2.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#3flame030191Posted 5/14/2013 8:53:59 PM
They're both good in different aspects.

I personally prefer BF3. The larger scale, variety of ways to play, the amount of content you get, the support DICE offers with it, nothing seems too powerful, yet nothing is too weak, rent-a-servers to play by rules that YOU want to play by, and with people YOU want to play with, the fact you get to pick which server you join instead of hope you get one you like.... CoD doesn't offer anything like that. However, it's incredibly slow paced, even on Close Quarters or TDM, it's hard to play in a party, the learning curve, especially for vehicles, is pretty steep: so much it's not fair for newcomers, and a good amount of glitches that's plagued the game from launch keeps it from being perfect

On the flip side, CoD (I'll use the series as they generally have the same strengths/weaknesses) has faster gameplay with more modes to play on, it's easy to play with friends or talk with others in the game/lobby, you get to pick which maps you play on (not like BF's set rotation), it has lasting appeal (MW2 is still in the top 10 most active XBL games where Bad Company 2 is practically dead), lots of replay through Prestige, more customization (classes, playercard, etc), and many party games, as well as free for all. However, it doesn't have the "epic" war feel, in gameplay, sounds, graphics, etc that BF carries, they're plagued with glitches (usually different with each entry, but still there), lag is very easy to come across due to hosts, host migrations slow down the gameplay and cause lots of problems (wasted equipment, streaks, reset stats for the game, etc), and so on.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#4fatclemenzaPosted 5/14/2013 9:03:10 PM
This topic will definitely remain civil and totally not devolve into a fanboy war

I'll put it this way: BF3 is a pretty lousy BF game on consoles. The maps are either linear garbage or are too large for 12v12 due to so many air vehicles being present.
---
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
#5Silver17Posted 5/14/2013 9:06:10 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...
I'll tell you what game is not good.

Black ops 2.

Says the guy that hangs out on the BO2 message board... lol
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#6dylan907(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:23:02 PM
boy am I stumped
#7Majora1988Posted 5/14/2013 10:01:30 PM
fatclemenza posted...
This topic will definitely remain civil and totally not devolve into a fanboy war

I'll put it this way: BF3 is a pretty lousy BF game on consoles. The maps are either linear garbage or are too large for 12v12 due to so many air vehicles being present.

It's pretty obvious that BF3 was made for PC and not console. BF3 on PC>>>>>>>>BF3 on console.

PC master race strikes again.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#8FeelMyBladePosted 5/14/2013 10:07:13 PM
Black Ops 2 is better.

Plus the announcer's voices aren't half as annoying.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
#9hobs2605Posted 5/14/2013 10:14:59 PM
bf3 if you have friends that play otherwise blops2
---
GameFAQs: Trolls trolling trolls.
#10EmperorCarnatePosted 5/14/2013 10:28:48 PM
FIRE
---
"Thats it! Christ deployed a tactical insertion before his crucifixtion." - ksbone_basic
First Emperor of the Fourth