How exactly P2P works in multiplayer nowadays?

#1darkbreakerPosted 5/15/2013 6:27:25 PM
As far as I know, player with the best connection is going to be the host. And the rest of 'em will connect to him/her. And did each player have to maintain their connection with each other too? Because somehow when I played, if there's a new player joined in the middle of the match then it could ruin my connection.
---
Truly, our life can change in 1 second.
#2FeelMyBladePosted 5/15/2013 6:29:10 PM
I don't think the game chooses the player with the best connection.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
#3darkbreaker(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:57:15 PM
Then it just picked randomly who's going to be the host regardless o their connection?
---
Truly, our life can change in 1 second.
#4Mander1861Posted 5/15/2013 6:59:06 PM
darkbreaker posted...
Then it just picked randomly who's going to be the host regardless o their connection?

Prolly.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#5FeelMyBladePosted 5/15/2013 10:32:37 PM
darkbreaker posted...

I don't know their system works, but they ought to pick the host with the most stable connection.

I've gotten into matches with an African host. You can bet it was fun playing on 1-bar.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
#6dark_lungPosted 5/15/2013 10:37:36 PM
when you search, you should press X and change to best instead of any or normal. You'll get so much better quality play than the crap before.
---
xbl: ComeAtMeBrody
#7The_Last_AznPosted 5/15/2013 10:49:19 PM
Unlike previous CoDs, host is randomly selected at the beginning of each match.

In past CoDs, an initially formed lobby will select a host based on best connection. The host will keep host until he leaves, and then the lobby will either disband or select a new host. Which meant when a good party formed, it would keep host all night.
---
Gamertag: The Last Azn
Black FC: 4513 0061 7179