Is Black Ops 2 a good multiplayer game?

#1Tube_of_NoobPosted 5/17/2013 3:53:30 AM
Seems like some dog on it and some embrace it; so lets get some numbers. - Results (131 votes)
Yes
61.83% (81 votes)
No
38.17% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious as to what people actually think about this CoD. Personally I think it is a very good CoD. People complain about lag, but I dont get it very often when I play, and I have your basic high speed internet. Theres also no real op weapon that diminishes gameplay. Theres a few maps I could do with out also, but all in all the maps are solid.
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Currently Playing: FC3 Blood Dragon, Dishonored & Blops 2
#2gnosox1986Posted 5/17/2013 4:46:29 AM
Is a a good MP game... Yes...

Is it a great MP game... No...

It is fairly average in the terms of the mulitplayer experience.

I can pop it in for an hour, but then i go put in something else. It not like Halo 2 or MW2 or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow or even some of the better sports games... where the mulitplayer exerience was so superb that you can't help getting caught up and playing for 3,4,5 hours and not even notice.
---
GT- DARTH GNO69
Now Playing: NHL 13, NCAA 13, FIFA 12, CoD, LA Noire, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Batman Arkham Asylum
#3Who_ate_the_piePosted 5/17/2013 4:51:06 AM
I say it's pretty average. The FPS genre in general isn't as good as it used to be.
#4Haru_XXPosted 5/17/2013 5:20:05 AM
It feels more like a Medal of Honor, Lag-o-Rific edition.

Unless of course you consider getting sniped randomly in lag that doesn't even show the shots. And random C4 being tossed into rooms. Then sure... if you can stand that then... I guess it's a pretty fun multiplayer game.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
youtube.com/ermkane6
#5Tube_of_Noob(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:33:38 AM
Haru_XX posted...
It feels more like a Medal of Honor, Lag-o-Rific edition.

Unless of course you consider getting sniped randomly in lag that doesn't even show the shots. And random C4 being tossed into rooms. Then sure... if you can stand that then... I guess it's a pretty fun multiplayer game.

How is c4 random? Obviously someone suspected you or someone was there and tossed a c4.
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Currently Playing: FC3 Blood Dragon, Dishonored & Blops 2
#6sonic_rockzPosted 5/17/2013 5:39:20 AM
I don't think 50% of people understand what people actually mean when they refer to as 'lag' in Black Ops 2.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#7torey_caylorPosted 5/17/2013 6:42:41 AM(edited)
Mixed bag.

Sometimes i'll have lots of fun for a couple of hours. And sometimes i'll just hit a string of bad lobbies that will make me put the game down for a week. Sometimes my bullets will kill very fast, and sometimes they won't register. It's a mixed bag since day 1. Both great and terrible game at the same time. Potential is there for sure, but they refuse to do anything for pub players.

Once Ghost drops, Black Ops 2 will turn into pure gimmick and sniper lobbies.
#8SergioMach5Posted 5/17/2013 7:34:56 AM
at this point its a fairly typical online shoot em up, something better online than over local multiplayer. But it is good, something MW3 was not for my opinionated reasons
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#9ArchMageSynokPosted 5/17/2013 10:28:00 AM
a lot of lost potential, can be fun, but the lag/camera angles/ and bad spawn system lead to (imo) 70% of your deaths to feel frustrating and cheap. for example you will turn the corner put 10 rounds into a enemies chest and die, then in the kill cam it shows you not fire a single shot. or you will check a door way and see nothing and die, but in the kill cam your enemy can see you 2/3 of your body sticking out looking right at them and drop you. then spawning walking 15 feet then getting shot in the back by a enemy that spawned right behind you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#10FeelMyBladePosted 5/17/2013 10:32:55 AM
Yes. The lag isn't bad anymore, but there are still some issues with the connection.

It's one of my favorite CoDs.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!