Red dot vs MMS

#1f41lurizerPosted 5/17/2013 6:53:18 AM
I usually dont even run optics, but on my smr class, i used to run red dot. When i realized the smr basically has built in fmj, i started using the MMS. Works great for wallbanging, but as a sight, i think the red dot might be better. Maybe im more used to the red dot, but i feel like i never get two shot kills with the mms because i miss.

Should i just use the re dot? Ive become quite fond of the rage people have when you wallbang them "magically"
#2sonic_rockzPosted 5/17/2013 6:59:14 AM
The MMS has the perfect level of zoom and a great reticule, but I guess that's preference. I'd say keep using the MMS and get used to it.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#3f41lurizer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:30:28 AM
sonic_rockz posted...
The MMS has the perfect level of zoom and a great reticule, but I guess that's preference. I'd say keep using the MMS and get used to it.

Ok
For some reason it seems like when you try to drag your mms to keep up with a target, it moves slower than the re dot
But ill keep usin it i guess
#4Andrew_RyannPosted 5/17/2013 8:47:23 AM
I tried the switch too, and I just couldn't get MMS to work as well for me. Often my kills are long range, and I feel like the notches (that make the cross) just obscure the target too much. I might try it again; maybe just need to get used to it.
#5BansheeNTDmodePosted 5/17/2013 8:48:19 AM
Mms is good if you camp a lot and use smoke grenades.

Other than that rds is good for rushing
#6MissElenaPosted 5/17/2013 8:51:10 AM
My only complaint with the MMS is not being able to change the reticle...
---
GT: Varaza
If there's one thing I learned from CoD, I love making men scream.
#7f41lurizer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:00:37 AM
MissElena posted...

That is annoying
At very long range (crossmap turbine), i actually am more accurate with the mms. Its when i have to track a close range target that i start derping. It shouldnt take me 13 smr shots to down one guy in close range, ya know?

Mayge i just need to get better with it.
#8FeelMyBladePosted 5/17/2013 10:30:24 AM(edited)
The MMS does have a nice sight, but staring through it for several matches kinda hurts my eyes a bit.

Plus, it plays mind games if the enemy rushes, so I prefer the red dot a bit more.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#9DeceitfulWingsPosted 5/17/2013 12:17:39 PM
MissElena posted...

Agreed. Not a huge fan of the MMS reticule at all. I find it obstructs my view. A simple dot would be a lot better. Otherwise it's a fairly good.
---
Currently Playing: | 360: Black Ops II, Dark Souls, ZOE: HD Collection | PS3: Black Ops II
#10Broses_Malone_Posted 5/17/2013 1:15:00 PM
The mms is sexy. Idgaf how it performs
---
http://i.imgur.com/CZOIL.jpg