Diamond Specials made me a better player...

#1GamendorfPosted 5/20/2013 7:09:54 AM
I am working on diamond specials, and the shield was the first one i golded. In the process, I forgot to prestige it the second time. So, with double weapon xp, I decided to run a shield melee class again just to finish leveling it up.

When I originally did the camo challenges on the shield, I was doing maybe 10 or 11 kills a game, and never got above a 3 kill streak.My KD on those games was somewhere around 0.3 While golding both knives, I finally figured out better routes, flanking maneuvers, etc. In my first game with the shield yesterday, I ended up going 24-24 with two Bloodthirsties. That never happened the first time.

I havent used a gun for awhile since I've been doing the specials. After I did so well with the shield, I decided to run my SMG class again. Now, my overall KD is 0.57. Let's just say that I am not the best CoD player out there. Ok, OK, I'm not even average. Since I picked up my Peacekeeper again, I have gone positive every single game. I am so used to being sneeky trying to get those stupid knife Bloodthirsties that I just kept playing the same way. It is just easier to get kills with a gun than with a knife.

So, long story short: getting the special diamond camos made me a better CoD player!

(oh, i still don't have diamond specials... stupid bloodthirsty with the X-Bow...)
#2Jack_Crow21Posted 5/20/2013 7:56:47 AM
Do you even lift?
---
Yay nerd fight! Don't forget to bring medkits! - Crack_Fox on Gfaqs
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 5/20/2013 8:00:23 AM
Jack_Crow21 posted...
Do you even lift?

bro.
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#4ArchMageSynokPosted 5/20/2013 9:33:12 AM
same here, golding riot shield made me a better player, but will probably never get diamond because of that damn bow bloodthirsty, I've gotten up to 4 kills a good 5-6 times, but that final kill seems to elude me, I've gotten so frustrated I've given up on it lol.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#5SkilzMCPosted 5/20/2013 9:58:33 AM
ArchMageSynok posted...
same here, golding riot shield made me a better player, but will probably never get diamond because of that damn bow bloodthirsty, I've gotten up to 4 kills a good 5-6 times, but that final kill seems to elude me, I've gotten so frustrated I've given up on it lol.

Can't you get it in sticks and stones?
---
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6xX_PsYcH0SIS_XxPosted 5/20/2013 10:02:13 AM
SkilzMC posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...

I got mine there without going for it. There were 3 people just standing around 2 of them guests.
---
GT: dontbreak
#7TheSaintGPosted 5/20/2013 10:03:45 AM
SkilzMC posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...

its still really hard in sticks and stones.

btw tc is right. using the ballistic knife shield and crossbow (especially the crossbow) had not only vastly improved my gun accuraccy but my thinking patterns too.

when you only have one shot and are always at a disadvantage your body goes into overdrive to compensate. so by the time you go back to conventional weapons you will do awesome.
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#8Tube_of_NoobPosted 5/20/2013 10:14:49 AM
ArchMageSynok posted...

Hardcore, tri bolt and Scavenger worked for me.
---
Winter is Coming
Currently Playing: FC3 Blood Dragon, Assassins Creed III & Blops 2
#9JVel91Posted 5/20/2013 11:16:16 AM
I respect you.
---
I come here because the forum is better than the game. - Mander1861
#10ArchMageSynokPosted 5/20/2013 3:11:19 PM
Tube_of_Noob posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...

Hardcore, tri bolt and Scavenger worked for me.

I've tried that and I usually end up being killed while I try to pick up the scav pack, and it seems nearly everyone is always with 1-2 teammates. I seem to do much better in sticks and stones, but most people can still charge and stab me after I stick them or end up spawning behind me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg