When and why did you stop playing previous entries in the COD franchise?

#1Sega9599Posted 5/23/2013 7:51:55 AM
When and why did you stop playing previous entries in the COD franchise?

I stopped playing COD 4 because my disc broke, and I was getting into W@W a lot more.
I stopped playing W@W seriously around about the time BO 1 came out. because of those hackers. Got every DLC for it and was still playing it up until 3 years ago, when the hackers really descended.
I stopped playing MW2 about 3 years ago as well, mainly because everyone I knew was getting into Black Ops 1 at the time.
I just finished getting nearly every single challenge in MW3. But I have to walk away from it now. It's a fun game, but I think that's it for me. Sad to say spent more time with it than any other COD game. in terms of play time anyway.
And I still play BO 2, but it's very sporadic at the moment. Only play it now and again.

How about you guys?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#2BrockObamaPosted 5/23/2013 9:32:22 AM
Stopped playing Call of Duty 4/World at War because of the hackers, and actually sold my copies. Otherwise, I would be playing one of those now instead.

Stopped playing MW2 because my disc broke, and only works inconsistently.

Still play Black Ops 1 every once in a while.

Stopped playing MW3 because it blows. Sold it.

Still play Black Ops 2 some, even though it's in my opinion worse than Black Ops 1. There just aren't enough people that play BO1 competitively now.
#3ih0tfireiPosted 5/23/2013 9:37:49 AM
-I stopped playing cod4 and waw when the hacking became rampant.

-I still play MW2

-Stop playing black ops 1 because it wasn't a "fixed" MW2. Also so boring to play.

-stop playing MW3 because for some reason it was worse than black ops 1. Worst in the franchise IMO.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#4RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/23/2013 10:24:17 AM
MW3... worst camping game I had ever played, peaced out before I prestiged once.

BOPS2... worst lag/netcode/BS Deaths Ive ever seen, sick of guns being nerfed to hell as well. Leave the **** be and fix the real problems.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#5bigbug1992Posted 5/23/2013 10:32:14 AM
Protip: If you suspect a hacker is in your lobby in W@W, just say in the chat before the game starts that you are recording, any if anyone is hacking or has an infection, you will report them to Microsoft. Works every time.
---
What I if told you...
You just read that wrong
#6Gallis_OTKPosted 5/23/2013 10:33:36 AM
I still play CoD4, but very rarely. Hackers everywhere.
I never played WaW at all. Never bought it. Probably never will after what I heard about the MP40.
I stopped with MW2 because I traded it in, but if I still had it I doubt I'd play it because of the OMA Tubes.
I still play BO1, but only to go back and use my two favorite weapons ever: the Dual HS10's and the Man60.
I traded in MW3 four months in because it was the worst CoD I played. Campers, FMG9's, all kinds of bull.
BO2 hasn't done anything to force me out yet, so I just keep playing along with my friends. Still good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3a9zc.gif
#7CaffeineSnorterPosted 5/23/2013 10:37:31 AM
CoD4-Still play it
WW-hackers
MW2-Still play it
BO1-Didn't even make a day on it
MW3-Crap connection was terrible
BO2-Still play it off and on
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#8flame030191Posted 5/23/2013 10:45:53 AM
CoD4: Quit about MW3. Still play one or two matches every now and then, but very rarely. MW3 was just better.

W@W: Quit when MW2 came out due to modding and glitches becoming rampant. Today it's much, much worse.

MW2: About March 2010. Grew very tired of the crap in the game. I played a few matches later on because of gamesharing the DLC's (loved a couple of the DLC maps, like Trailer Park and Carnival) but by my 2nd prestige, I was pretty much done.

BOps1: Pretty much on and off for a while. I'll play a few matches with some friends who only have BOps1 (which has earned me 5th prestige on PS3 and first on Xbox), but as soon as they leave, I leave. I can't stand the Flak Jacket Pro or Tac Mask Pro perks used in combination, especially when they have a Black Bird in the air. That's by no means skill, that's easy mode.

MW3: Still play today.

BOps2: Play when I have friends online or if I want a change in pace from MW3. Overall, though, it's pretty boring to play.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#9Lennox_GOATPosted 5/23/2013 10:53:43 AM
4- Still play it. Would play more if it was hacker free. I do wish there was more competition still playing as it is too easy to clown a room.

WaW- Still play it. Would play more if it was hacker free. I do wish there was more competition still playing as it is too easy to clown a room.

MW2- I retired from it last month. Just way too many noobish things for me to enjoy it anymore. What sucks is MW2 is fun if everyone plays straight up and doesn't cheese.

Bo1- Still play it thought not as much as 4, WaW, MW3, and BO2. I would play it more if the hit detection was better. I do love it as it has the slowest pace of all the CODs.

MW3- Still play it. I am in the camp that feels MW3 is very underrated. Other than deathstreaks, there isn't any cheese.

BO2- Still play it. Now that they finally nerfed pistols, if they would just remove target finding baby noobs, it would be near perfect.
#10flame030191Posted 5/23/2013 11:01:08 AM
Lennox_GOAT posted...
4- Still play it. Would play more if it was hacker free. I do wish there was more competition still playing as it is too easy to clown a room.

WaW- Still play it. Would play more if it was hacker free. I do wish there was more competition still playing as it is too easy to clown a room.

MW2- I retired from it last month. Just way too many noobish things for me to enjoy it anymore. What sucks is MW2 is fun if everyone plays straight up and doesn't cheese.

Bo1- Still play it thought not as much as 4, WaW, MW3, and BO2. I would play it more if the hit detection was better. I do love it as it has the slowest pace of all the CODs.

MW3- Still play it. I am in the camp that feels MW3 is very underrated. Other than deathstreaks, there isn't any cheese.

BO2- Still play it. Now that they finally nerfed pistols, if they would just remove target finding baby noobs, it would be near perfect.

Just equip Cold Blooded.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us