why are we voting on which camo we want to buy?

#1SupremeArticlePosted 5/23/2013 6:38:02 PM
why can't they all be available? why limit us!!!
---
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i.imgur.com/pmeLud7.jpg
#2GameFan692Posted 5/23/2013 6:39:13 PM
Because they know people will buy it regardless....
---
GT: DarKShoTs
#3SupremeArticle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:41:24 PM
but why would they wanna limit the money they could make when they could have all 4 on the market are they trying to make it look like they are doing us a favor
---
i love my girl cedes aka hoohahxchz
http://i.imgur.com/pmeLud7.jpg
#4FeelMyBladePosted 5/23/2013 6:44:33 PM
MS charges them for releasing the camos on the marketplace. I guess they wanted to survey which one people wanted the most, and maximized their earnings.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#5bbrradd31Posted 5/23/2013 7:04:03 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
MS charges them for releasing the camos on the marketplace. I guess they wanted to survey which one people wanted the most, and maximized their earnings.

Actually like most distribution services MS would take a percentage of sales from all items bought through Xbox live, MS wouldn't say "oh pay us $3000 to release that camo." So in reality both trey arch and MS would probably profit more if they were all released.

But this is a business. Treyarch probably doesn't want to flood the market with many camps and by having a vote they can increase consumer participation and release the most popular camos which should sell the best. Supply and demand, business 101
#6FeelMyBladePosted 5/23/2013 7:08:45 PM
bbrradd31 posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

Actually like most distribution services MS would take a percentage of sales from all items bought through Xbox live, MS wouldn't say "oh pay us $3000 to release that camo." So in reality both trey arch and MS would probably profit more if they were all released.

But this is a business. Treyarch probably doesn't want to flood the market with many camps and by having a vote they can increase consumer participation and release the most popular camos which should sell the best. Supply and demand, business 101

I thought it was the other way around (probably for patches instead). I heard they charge DEVs $20,000 (something like that) for every patch, with the first one being free. Of course this is nothing compared to what they make, but business is business.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#7Silver17Posted 5/23/2013 9:55:38 PM
SupremeArticle posted...
why can't they all be available? why limit us!!!

You can pretty much guarantee that Activision will still make the 2 losing camos available right before DLC4...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)