What is a tryhard?

#21Tomoose0529Posted 5/26/2013 11:57:01 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
Ever play in a comfortable position then when someone comes and beats you a couple of times is when you get up in your seat and focus?

A tryhard is doing the sit up and focus all the time. They burst a vessel if anyone beats them.

This. It's a very good explanation.
#22dnyPlayaPosted 5/27/2013 1:47:24 AM
Tryhard is a tryhard. It's simple. They just try hard. There's no hidden meaning. People who call others a tryhard are just upset that they got outplayed. What, do you want me to not try to play good?
#23torey_caylorPosted 5/27/2013 1:55:06 AM
i'm a tryhard
#24Mitchach0Posted 5/27/2013 2:21:57 AM
A tryhard is forever looking to inflate their stats, whether it be W/L, K/D or both. They know that certain weapons, classes and playstyles help to do this more efficiently, so never deviate from them, even if their opponents are clearly no match for them. As a result, they play with little flair, creativity or aggression. They fail to experience all that the game has to offer, but they don't care because to them, fun equals smashing opponents, not challenging themselves.
---
Riot and Assault Shield Gameplays and Montages: http://www.youtube.com/mitchacho
#25RandomTrampPosted 5/27/2013 4:47:35 AM
In BO1 a tryhard would camp a high traffic area with a silenced AR (top tier only), motion sensor and flak jacket (anything else is optional), camp for the Blackbird, then kill themselves immediately after going to town with the inevitable CG and Dogs. But plenty of good players would do this also, so there are other clues to watch for:-
- the tryhard probably tends to hunt in pairs, rather than ever play solo (usually with another tryhard sporting an equally cringe-inducing gamertag).
- the tryhard always dashboards when things aren't going to plan, because stats matter, even when they're cheated stats.
- the tryhard surfs around for easy lobbies. After all, they want those 100+ games and the only way that's going to happen is against split-screen noobs.
- the tryhard loves Ground War (see above)
- the tryhard exclusively uses tactics and set-ups that they've taken from their youtube heroes (tryhards watch only the top 100+ kill gamers, like scump and insomulus), but without anything like the same skill. They'll jumpshot / dropshot at the wrong time, or accidentally stick c4 on a wall 2 feet away and blow themselves up.
#26gwetmore4523Posted 5/27/2013 6:17:17 AM
BipBapBam posted...
A guy that only uses the best set ups, spam jump/drop shots and still sucks.

This ^
---
XBL - W3tMOG
#27ArchMageSynokPosted 5/27/2013 7:38:47 AM
I always considered it to be people who took the game so seriously they seemed to only have fun if winning and would rage whenever their team would be doing bad to point it made the game less fun for other players.

not everyone can be MLG pro's, lighten up and enjoy the game. It's one thing to get frustrated when dying alot, but looking up teammates combat record so you can insult them mid game is just pathetic.

also people who dropshot in sticks and stones.

Most people use it nowadays to insult people who are usually better than them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#28ILovePancakesPosted 5/27/2013 8:26:30 AM
jaoman69 posted...
Anyone who kills you

this
---
I'm way too cold, get the theraflu
#29AWarAmp84Posted 5/27/2013 9:04:01 AM
dnyPlaya posted...
Tryhard is a tryhard. It's simple. They just try hard. There's no hidden meaning. People who call others a tryhard are just upset that they got outplayed. What, do you want me to not try to play good?

This. Only handicapped kids play games and don't care if they win or lose. And only losers use the word tryhard.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#30MMA427Posted 5/27/2013 9:46:46 AM
xliner posted...
Someone who tries to hard to win.

Um, there are two O's in "too"

Sir, you are a tryhard speller.