Do you ever feel sorry for your opponents?

#1TheRisingSonPosted 6/13/2013 10:48:53 PM
I know... Empathy? In Call of Duty?! Getouttahere right?

But one time, Ground War - Domination. Me and my team of randoms were putting on an epic thrashing of the other team. I mean we were holding all three flags pretty much 90% of the entire match. Scorestreaks were firing off one after another, the body count was climbing, it was ugly! Then I looked at the scoreboard at one point and noticed it was 9 vs 1 lone guy!

It got to a point where he wasn't even fighting back. He was just scrambling to survive, trying his damnedest to hide but continuously getting hunted down by my squad mates. Usually in a blow out situation, I find it hilarious or have a smug sort of satisfaction but not that time... That time, it was a mixture of admiration for him sticking it out the entire match and guilt for participating in his slaughter. Then it struck me. The game doesn't have to incite rage or frustration. This one, noble soul taught me that I can stick it out during losing matches and still have fun.

Anyone else have a similar story?
#2BipBapBamPosted 6/13/2013 10:52:36 PM
Nope.
---
I'm so fly it would blow one's mind.
GT: Noitrez
#3FeelMyBladePosted 6/13/2013 11:00:24 PM
Yes, All the time.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#4shino_of_leafPosted 6/13/2013 11:05:57 PM
Only when my teammates and I are spawn killing. But they shouldn't have gotten themselves in that situation to begin with.
---
APnation posted...
I don't see the point in getting MW3 when BF3 will be far more superior.
#5CrusaderStrikePosted 6/13/2013 11:07:59 PM
If I crap on a level 10 or something repeatedly.
---
And apparently there's an aircraft carrier.
#6MissElenaPosted 6/13/2013 11:14:23 PM
Don't think he found it fun lol, but sometimes I do, yes.
---
GT: Varaza
Me and my boo ForgottenFalcon<3 http://i.imgur.com/wcXmsY1.jpg
#7TheRisingSon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:34:05 PM
MissElena posted...
Don't think he found it fun lol, but sometimes I do, yes.

LOL yeah he didn't seem to be having a good time. Though now I have a different perspective when I'm getting blown out in a match... except when it's everyone on my team except me though, those still piss me off.

You know those randumbs who are clumsily bumping into you, getting you killed. Or blocking doorways, getting you killed. Or even firing their guns at nothing in particular (near you), alerting the enemy who target you instead of the hapless fool on your team...

I guess I still get pissed every other game, LOL
#8supercoolisaacPosted 6/13/2013 11:35:01 PM
All the time
---
"All I ever wanted was to be the best."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#9JonnywestsidePosted 6/14/2013 1:26:56 AM
I feel bad when I get a 70+ kill game and then the opponents have <10 deaths obviously thrown in at the deep end because the entire enemy team backed out at one point
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#10JVel91Posted 6/14/2013 1:31:50 AM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Yes, All the time.

This.

I can only give out the D so hard before I step back and say DANG! I need to stop.
---
I come here because the forum is better than the game. - Mander1861