Seriously how does League Play ladder point's system work?

#1JonnywestsidePosted 6/16/2013 9:00:38 AM
Before I carried 3 scrubs to victory over a full party in a Slums CTF with 5 caps including the game winning OT cap. Managed to go 43-24 and about 4 returns with a 5k score. Game ends and I get +10 points.

Next game I get 3 Golds in a party on my team against 4 Master. I think about dashing from the lobby but decide to stick it out. Game starts on HP Yemen and my team are gone. I stick it out 1v4, game ends up 250-68 and I go 30-28 with double digit caps and defends. Game ends and I get -150 points.

Game after SnD Plaza, 3 of the enemy team backs out after dying first round the other guy sticks it out til we're 3-0 up then leaves aswell. I end up 0-0. Game ends and I get +150.

It doesn't appear to be based on level of competition, personal performance or by how much you win/lose by which would be the logical way to do it. I'm 90% certain it is completely random, can anyone with some knowledge help me out here?
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#2XT3M3Posted 6/16/2013 10:00:50 AM
to be quite honest,

this is part of the reason i stopped playing league as much as i used to. the random scoring made no sense for a game mode that about climbing to the top.

*Gets +10 for stomping masters*

*Gets +150 for stomping Bronze/silvers*

What?
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#3SevenDayCandlePosted 6/16/2013 1:09:10 PM
XT3M3 posted...
to be quite honest,

this is part of the reason i stopped playing league as much as i used to. the random scoring made no sense for a game mode that about climbing to the top.

*Gets +10 for stomping masters*

*Gets +150 for stomping Bronze/silvers*

What?

*loses 150 points losing a game of CTF 2v4 vs 3 plats and 1 gold*
*loses 10 points losing a game of HP to a full party of 4*
*plays in a party of 2 for placement matches, wins 4 outta 5 games, one person who did better (in terms of KD, SPM and objective) gets put in silver, while the 2nd person gets put in gold*

WTF Treyarch?
---
GG TREYARCH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfj-JvI0XI
#4gwetmore4523Posted 6/16/2013 1:41:28 PM
I don't even think Treyarch knows how it works. Typically I get +150 for beating a team, regardless of their rank, after that I have no idea how it decides how many points you get. I think it should take the average rank of all 4 players and decide who is supposed to win versus who is supposed to lose. Depending on the gap between the 2 teams playing you should get anywhere between 10-150 points for a win and the opposite for losing.
---
XBL - W3tMOG
#5SevenDayCandlePosted 6/16/2013 2:18:44 PM
gwetmore4523 posted...
I don't even think Treyarch knows how it works. Typically I get +150 for beating a team, regardless of their rank, after that I have no idea how it decides how many points you get. I think it should take the average rank of all 4 players and decide who is supposed to win versus who is supposed to lose. Depending on the gap between the 2 teams playing you should get anywhere between 10-150 points for a win and the opposite for losing.

So, you mean a system that would make sense? Like an 'odds' system people use for sports betting?
---
#6XT3M3Posted 6/16/2013 3:12:06 PM
i will never forget the time me and a clan mate played.

i literally carried his ass all 5 games. capping it off by me going 28-6 or something on standoff CTF while he went 9-21

final placements

Him Plat
me gold.

i shut off my xbox after that <_<
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#7FaithInAllPosted 6/16/2013 3:25:56 PM
System doesn't make any sense and even the pro's don't seem to understand it. Best to not think about it to much when you get +10 for beating higher ranked teams >.>
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
#8MeleeGEWiiPosted 6/16/2013 3:36:28 PM
The way I thought of it was Treyarch wants you to be a team because teamwork is important to win so if you lose they deduct the whole team because it was supposed to be a team effort . I wish they did ladder points individually by each persons individual performance though because all it takes is 1 or 2 people to quit then you could be screwed over and get deducted ladder points.
---
GE/Melee u/CD__ PSN_Gaming-Soldier55
youtube channel--->http://www.youtube.com/user/GoldeneyeWiiSoldier/featured/
#9SevenDayCandlePosted 6/16/2013 4:55:29 PM
MeleeGEWii posted...
The way I thought of it was Treyarch wants you to be a team because teamwork is important to win so if you lose they deduct the whole team because it was supposed to be a team effort . I wish they did ladder points individually by each persons individual performance though because all it takes is 1 or 2 people to quit then you could be screwed over and get deducted ladder points.

While I do agree to an extent. It's just the fact there's no real system that makes ANY sense in place... I only liked League Play because it was more competitive and took out the noob stuff like C4, Betties, and Shock Charges. Honestly only real reason I played it.
---
#10zxrax_alt_1Posted 6/16/2013 4:56:33 PM
it doesn't, it's random.
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS