So Drift0r talked to Infinity Ward about lag comp...

#1Aether_LyricPosted 6/17/2013 11:29:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et1PR10VIlI

Watch it, but as a small summary:
- Lag comp is NOT the issue (but anyone who actually knows what lag comp is already knew this..)
- Matchmaking & host selection is the(?) main problem
- Ghosts will have a new mapping technique so the game knows accurately where you are located, resulting in better connections and hosts
- IW are not ignoring the people who complain about lag

This makes sense, MW3 had a matchmaking patch about 2 months ago which was likely to test what they're using for Ghosts. And if you go back to that game now it runs pretty well.
#2timilayas99Posted 6/17/2013 11:34:12 AM
If this is true then people should take back the things they said about IW.

Treyarch are like 7 months into the game and it hasn't been fixed. No matter how mediocre they are, at least IW are actually trying.
---
Go away.
#3LoshadtPosted 6/17/2013 11:37:29 AM
timilayas99 posted...

Treyarch are like 7 months into the game and it hasn't been fixed. No matter how mediocre they are, at least IW are actually trying.

People who say things like this don't understand the Treyarch method of problem solving.

Did anybody on the staff experience any issues while playtesting in a controlled and ideal environment with few variables? If not, then the problem doesn't exist.

Do pros and "pros" complain about something? Fix it.

Is it actually a problem?

No? Fix it.

Yes? Ignore it.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#4QualiTPosted 6/17/2013 12:10:57 PM
they tried to fix it in MW3 several times and they even acknowledged it.

Treyarch hasn't bothered ever, its all in your head.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#5f41lurizerPosted 6/17/2013 12:14:01 PM
Well its kinda cool that bo2 is my first cod...if theres better connection in future ones that would be awesome. Of course, im one of those fools who think bo2 is the greatest thing since sliced bread
#6roach06Posted 6/17/2013 12:35:31 PM
Loshadt posted...
timilayas99 posted...

People who say things like this don't understand the Treyarch method of problem solving.

Did anybody on the staff experience any issues while playtesting in a controlled and ideal environment with few variables? If not, then the problem doesn't exist.

Do pros and "pros" complain about something? Fix it.

Is it actually a problem?

No? Fix it.

Yes? Ignore it.

Honestly, I dont see much that needs fixing but w/e. I experience noticeable lag like maybe 1 out of 50 matches. Even dedicated servers you get lag from time to time. Nothing 3arc can do about it IMO.

If no one in the staff or testing crew experienced any problems with most variables introduced, then the problem probably doesn't exist. Do you really think Treyarch is going to listen to a bunch of whining kids when they have all the data already? The problem is not happening on their end or everyone would experience it. It isn't their problem if people don't configure their router's correctly or have crappy internet service.

People will look for any excuse as to why they suck at a game, and LAG is #1 on that list. Treyarch realizes this and they rightly ignore it.

PS. I work in the IT field and when we test a new software release and then deploy it. Pretty much every problem that occurs is due to the user's being utterly stupid or some other external issue completely out of our control, and is usually caused by the user as well.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#7FeelMyBladePosted 6/17/2013 12:39:30 PM
They can fix the lag, but it will also depend on how many people will believe it. If it isn't lag, then lag comp is to blame.

Lag is probably the biggest scapegoat for all CoD deaths. Developers can try fixing it, but somebody will still complain about it, usually saying it is worst (just like in MW3).

That's not to say devs shouldn't address lag issue, but more of a heads-up that people will continue to cry regardless on what happens.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#8JonnywestsidePosted 6/17/2013 3:39:47 PM
If you don't want lag, don't play online games. Short of forcing every player onto the same ISP with the same speeds and a server located within 50 miles of their homes it will always be an issue in some way or another.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#9morgul12Posted 6/18/2013 7:45:37 AM
roach06 posted...

If no one in the staff or testing crew experienced any problems with most variables introduced, then the problem probably doesn't exist. Do you really think Treyarch is going to listen to a bunch of whining kids when they have all the data already? The problem is not happening on their end or everyone would experience it. It isn't their problem if people don't configure their router's correctly or have crappy internet service.

People will look for any excuse as to why they suck at a game, and LAG is #1 on that list. Treyarch realizes this and they rightly ignore it.

PS. I work in the IT field and when we test a new software release and then deploy it. Pretty much every problem that occurs is due to the user's being utterly stupid or some other external issue completely out of our control, and is usually caused by the user as well.

What a load of horse crap. I've worked in IT for 19 years, and I can say that your last comment is absolutely ignorant. Just as much dumbassery comes out of developers as out of users and server techs. Fix one bug... create another. If you're really in IT and have that arrogance displayed in your post above, I'd fire you.
---
You know, when Jesus died, it took him 3 days to respawn; that's what I call lag.
#10roach06Posted 6/18/2013 8:14:15 AM
morgul12 posted...
roach06 posted...

What a load of horse crap. I've worked in IT for 19 years, and I can say that your last comment is absolutely ignorant. Just as much dumbassery comes out of developers as out of users and server techs. Fix one bug... create another. If you're really in IT and have that arrogance displayed in your post above, I'd fire you.

You sound like more of an IT manager with 0 understanding of what is going on in the world around you, and 0 contact with the users. Your opinion on real IT issues doesn't mean jack, get back to your spreadsheets and write some more SOP's.

Anyway, as I said, if treyach tested the connections and introduced plenty of variables with no lag. Then I would do the same thing and just ignore all the cry babies whining about lag because they never learned to use their thumbs.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6