So Drift0r talked to Infinity Ward about lag comp...

#41NinjaGrieferPosted 6/28/2013 6:51:02 AM
timilayas99 posted...
If this is true then people should take back the things they said about IW.

Treyarch are like 7 months into the game and it hasn't been fixed. No matter how mediocre they are, at least IW are actually trying.

They didn't try until 16 months after mw3 was released.
---
PSN: NinjaGriefer1337
Favorite Weapons: Ksg and Executioner. Mad?
#42AlexanaxelaPosted 6/30/2013 4:31:03 PM
NinjaGriefer posted...
timilayas99 posted...
If this is true then people should take back the things they said about IW.

Treyarch are like 7 months into the game and it hasn't been fixed. No matter how mediocre they are, at least IW are actually trying.

They didn't try until 16 months after mw3 was released.

oh no no. Infinity was trying to fix "lag" since the moment mw3 came out. They actually released 2~3 patches within the first 3~4 months of release that were suppose to deal with lag, and then they admitted that they weren't actually able to reproduce any of the "lag" in their work environment meaning those patches were probably just placebo. This makes sense as the majority of people didn't see any level of improvement in the "lag." Then the first map pack came out, and it seems it didn't sell too well because a few days later, one of the developers said they were putting together a team that was going to actually go in and look at the code *gasp* and analyze the changes made from mw2 to mw3 *oh my god wow*. So what the hell were they doing for those first couple of patches? Anyway, they then actually released a patch that as far as I've heard, seemed to actually do something to make things seem less laggy, as the majority of the people that were on that forum complaining about the lag seemed pleased after that last patch. This lasted less than a week and then nearly everyone noticed the patch seemed to have been reversed as the "lag" seemed to be back to where it was before. The developers of course say they have no idea what happened. Even for me this seems kinda fishy: the devs release a patch and mostly everyone says they see a noticeable improvement, and then a few days later everyone is saying that the noticeable improvement is gone and it's back to how it was before? Not to mention that that same dev pretty much admitted that they handled the way connections were handled from mw2 to mw3 to try and make it more "fair and balanced" for everyone. And then for like 6 months people begged for them to resubmit the patch that seemed to work and infinity ward refused. Why? Because
---
There's no way I can pay you back, But my plan is to show you that I understand.
You are appreciated
#43lderivedxPosted 6/30/2013 4:41:20 PM
holy wall of text batman
---
wait so you called final charming? i think your flirting. tc is also a pedo. aware child agencies immediately - Shrub
GT: i derive dx
#44AlexanaxelaPosted 6/30/2013 5:21:08 PM
tl;dr version: the new infinity ward is the janitors of the original infinity ward and are mostly incompetent
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#45Superman070776Posted 7/3/2013 11:22:37 AM
I am having fun with BO2. I only play Hardcore, and if the connection drops to yellow during a match, I search again. I just don't see the horrible connection people are talking about. I would rather they took a second to make a playlist with just Hijacked and Nuketown in it so the kids can go play the maps over and over in that list and the rest of us could enjoy some fun maps.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
Gamertag: BoilingKoolaid
#46darkshadowmasterPosted 7/3/2013 11:27:44 AM
Superman070776 posted...
I am having fun with BO2. I only play Hardcore, and if the connection drops to yellow during a match, I search again. I just don't see the horrible connection people are talking about. I would rather they took a second to make a playlist with just Hijacked and Nuketown in it so the kids can go play the maps over and over in that list and the rest of us could enjoy some fun maps.

You normally won't see the bad connections in HC since you die so quickly. Every now & then you may get someone that gets an absurd amount of hitmarkers but for the most part you won't notice it.

My boss was the same way, he played nothing but HC and never noticed any connection issues until I had him try regular a few times.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#47nuschler2212Posted 7/7/2013 3:59:14 AM
Superman070776 posted...

When the connections drop to yellow. Lol.

My worst connection and lag is when I'm host. About ninety percent of the games I'm in everybody has four bars. I'm probably four bars ninety five percent.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#48tadmfpolePosted 7/7/2013 4:19:21 AM
You are arguing with a dead end. I know exactly what you are talking about because I experience it too but those that don't experience it think it is exaggerated and will not see it any other way. I lag harder when I am host than any other time playing. I know it sounds ****ed up, because it is ****ed up. Host should not see any lag unless something crazy is going on with the hosts internet.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#49nuschler2212Posted 7/7/2013 5:06:25 AM
tadmfpole posted...
You are arguing with a dead end. I know exactly what you are talking about because I experience it too but those that don't experience it think it is exaggerated and will not see it any other way. I lag harder when I am host than any other time playing. I know it sounds ****ed up, because it is ****ed up. Host should not see any lag unless something crazy is going on with the hosts internet.

Even then everybody would have a bad connection not just the host.

I agree the mentality on here is that if I don't experience it then it doesn't exist. It's a very narcissistic view.

When I hear about glitches or crap that hasn't happened to me in games, I feel lucky. For example freezing issues in other games that I have yet to experience. I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.