So with recent news taken into account, who's all gonna be getting ghosts

#101Astro_B0mbPosted 6/20/2013 7:42:29 PM
FaithInAll posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
As of right now the only reason I'd even think of buying next gen is KH3, but lord knows when that's coming out so Im content with my 360. Also GTA5 in september means I have months of entertainment.

Be ready to wait a couple of years for KH3...

Means less money spent on the console so thats cool.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#102Asyred_SaclumPosted 6/20/2013 7:44:47 PM
To be fair, he was talking specifically about KH3 and not just games in general. Do you guys really expect Square to **** Kingdom Hearts up? There would be riots and people demanding blood.
---
When dialogue fails, it's time for violence.
#103JacKToxiKPosted 6/20/2013 11:42:27 PM
kinect doe's not need to be on... you can turn it off. They already said that.
---
IIII II I III II IIII II I III IIII II
#104HamJabroniPosted 6/21/2013 4:08:24 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
HamJabroni posted...
Ps4. While paying online is mandatory, Ps+ is the better service. Also the online should be on par with Xbox live and ps4 is cheaper. Controller is inferior to the xbox but 3rd party controllers are out there

No it isn't. xbox has the superior track record and will give 2 free full games per month as opposed to 1 by playstation.

You have to guess that the online even "should be on par". what does that say about it.

ih0tfirei posted...
HamJabroni posted...
Ps4. While paying online is mandatory, Ps+ is the better service. Also the online should be on par with Xbox live and ps4 is cheaper. Controller is inferior to the xbox but 3rd party controllers are out there

No it won't, at least given Sony's track record it won't. As it stands right now xbox live>PSN. When you factor that MS can do a complete 180 on its policies(most online based) 5 months before a console launch, you have to give the edge to MS being ahead of Sony again.

Other than the PSN account hack neither has a better track record than the other. Most of Xbox live and PSN is peer to peer so there is absolutely no difference in how the networks run.

I will admit though that opening the XMB during the game is as slow as molasses and we don't have party chat.
#105HamJabroniPosted 6/21/2013 4:15:59 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
HamJabroni posted...

No it isn't. xbox has the superior track record and will give 2 free full games per month as opposed to 1 by playstation.

You have to guess that the online even "should be on par". what does that say about it.

I'm pretty sure that the 2 games per month thing only lasts until november, right? Also PS+ gives you free games and a ton of discounts. However I will admit that XBOX live is better than PSN just because party chat and opening the XMB on Ps3 is EXTREMELY slow. Also yes, I am guessing on the quality of PSN on the PS4 but Sony is by far the more customer-friendly company and will definitely upgrade the online since we're paying for it. But then again, since neither console has been released yet, the only thing we can do is speculate, right? Honestly, I'm undecided. I'll probably wait a year after both consoles have been released
#106Webmaster4531Posted 6/21/2013 4:21:33 AM
HamJabroni posted...
I will admit though that opening the XMB during the game is as slow as molasses and we don't have party chat.

Both of those are a problem with the PS3 Hardware and not PSN. PS4's hardware has neither of these problems. There's a dedicated gigabyte of ram just for the operating system which includes XMB.
---
Ad Hominem.
#107FaithInAllPosted 6/21/2013 5:26:35 PM
Party chat is really the only reason I love my 360 so much.
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
#108HamJabroniPosted 6/21/2013 5:37:15 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
HamJabroni posted...

Both of those are a problem with the PS3 Hardware and not PSN. PS4's hardware has neither of these problems. There's a dedicated gigabyte of ram just for the operating system which includes XMB.

Well that settles it. PS4 has my vote.
#109ih0tfireiPosted 6/21/2013 5:38:28 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
HamJabroni posted...

I'm not a tech guy but can you explain how that is a hardware issue when the ps3 is supposed to be a stronger console tech wise?

On another note didn't the last PS3 update brick a lot of users consoles? I'm sorry but in terms of online services MS>Sony.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#110Webmaster4531Posted 6/21/2013 6:04:25 PM(edited)
ih0tfirei posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
HamJabroni posted...

I'm not a tech guy but can you explain how that is a hardware issue when the ps3 is supposed to be a stronger console tech wise?

On another note didn't the last PS3 update brick a lot of users consoles? I'm sorry but in terms of online services MS>Sony.

I'm not a tech guy either.

Here's an article with an explanation from one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-19-why-the-ps3-cant-do-cross-game-voice-chat
---
Ad Hominem.