To make the Black Hat more viable....

#1flamingdragonPosted 6/20/2013 11:48:13 AM
I think to make the Black Hat a more viable choice against the EMP Grenade they should allow you to pick up any equipment that you hack.

For example, you hack a Shock Charge, you can pick it up and redeploy it at your leisure should you feel so inclined.

However it would still only destroy streaks as it now normally does.

I think that this would perhaps balance it better against an EMP Grenade as a competitive choice.

If you are worried that this out balances it against the EMP Grenade, you can limit it to one spot, such as you cannot currently have more than one Smoke Grenade. I, however, don't think that adding the ability to pick up hacked equipment would make it more favorable to the EMP Grenade, just a more competitive choice.

Just to be clear, you cannot hack a grenade that someone threw, but you could hack a C4 that someone left just lying there.

And if you are fast enough on the trigger, you could hack a freshly tossed C4, but that would take a lot of quick reflexes so I don't think that would be a big issue.
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 6/20/2013 11:50:59 AM
flamingdragon posted...

Just to be clear, you cannot hack a grenade that someone threw, but you could hack a C4 that someone left just lying there.

And if you are fast enough on the trigger, you could hack a freshly tossed C4, but that would take a lot of quick reflexes so I don't think that would be a big issue.

I swear you can already do this.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3roach06Posted 6/20/2013 11:51:15 AM
eh. I think Black hat is balanced with the fact that it can take out air-streaks fairly quickly. Not a bad idea though.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#4f41lurizerPosted 6/20/2013 12:00:35 PM
I run black hat on one of my FAL classes because I needed a tactical that I knew I couldn't use in any way against enemy players. Gotta focus on gunskill...not emptying my pockets at people, then using my gun as backup.

Black hat is fun to use against people who use BB/shock charge, and good for eliminating the occasional UAV/CUAV
#5ZecryphonPosted 6/20/2013 4:38:58 PM
I use Black Hat mainly to take down UAV/CUAV, AGR and Sentry Guns.
#6JackCaymanPosted 6/20/2013 4:45:57 PM
I use black hats as AA when flanking so the launcher can't give me away.
---
"We've taken everyone we can take" - Robert Kamen on Taken 3
#7tactikz4Posted 6/20/2013 4:49:01 PM
The only thing they need to do is make the announce STFU when I hack the enemies equipment. it's so dumb they tell them that their equipment has been hacked.
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
BF3/Black Ops 2 My Fav Multiplayer.
#8FwamTomPosted 6/20/2013 9:24:24 PM
tactikz4 posted...
The only thing they need to do is make the announce STFU when I hack the enemies equipment. it's so dumb they tell them that their equipment has been hacked.

Pretty much this. Or make it say "Your equipment's been destroyed!" so dumbass campers run into their butt-tasters.
---
"What's real love, if it isn't sacrifice?" -The Origami Killer
#9TheRisingSonPosted 6/20/2013 9:36:23 PM
Well, you CAN take out air based scorestreaks with Black Hat. Something you can't do with EMP
#10FeelMyBladePosted 6/20/2013 10:11:20 PM
Why is it called Black Hat?

I think it would be cool if it actually gave your character a black hat.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!