Wins, Kills, or Fun?

#11f41lurizerPosted 6/26/2013 1:06:46 AM
Fun, just because that's the only reason to play a game. And, when I sucked horribly, I would make these goals for myself like "Let's get 3 kills this game" or "let's shoot down EVERY streak the enemy puts up"

Now it's "let's get a swarm" or "let's get a vsat"
#12webbc99Posted 6/26/2013 3:41:52 AM
Kinda weird poll. For me, getting ridiculous killfeeds is fun. So kills are fun. But it's not about K/D to me.

I recently reset my stats after getting to prestige master and I'm thoroughly regretting it because I forgot how absolutely terrible this game is if you don't have Flak Jacket and Tac Mask on every class, and stock on every AR. :/

I haven't even unlocked the Ballista yet.... ;((((
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: MH3U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#13RS_YELARAKAPosted 6/26/2013 3:46:13 AM
Im prestige master with 21 days played and have never used FJ, Tac Mask, or stock and find the game to be just fine.

I go for kills, I play solo most the time so worrying about the win can be more frustrating.
---
GT & PSN ID - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
I us C4, and I love it!! U mad?
#14webbc99Posted 6/26/2013 7:02:30 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Im prestige master with 21 days played and have never used FJ, Tac Mask, or stock and find the game to be just fine.

I go for kills, I play solo most the time so worrying about the win can be more frustrating.

How do you not go completely insane at the amount of random C4/RPG/Frag deaths? Seriously, every game I must survive about 4 C4s thanks to FJ.
---
#15RS_YELARAKAPosted 6/26/2013 7:40:28 AM
webbc99 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

How do you not go completely insane at the amount of random C4/RPG/Frag deaths? Seriously, every game I must survive about 4 C4s thanks to FJ.

Because its not as often as you people say. Its called exaggerating. Of the things you listed combined (frags, semtex, C4, RPG) Ive died around 900 times out of my total 38,000 or so deaths. Thats without FJ and not that significant of a number imo. Id rather use Scavenger or toughness.
---
#16roach06Posted 6/26/2013 8:01:03 AM
flame030191 posted...
Which do you guys feel is most important in the game?

Wins...which also happens to be fun. I hate losing unless its just a complete joke game like running ground war with 9 people using only the 5-7 or xbows or something like that.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#17webbc99Posted 6/26/2013 8:01:07 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
webbc99 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

Because its not as often as you people say. Its called exaggerating. Of the things you listed combined (frags, semtex, C4, RPG) Ive died around 900 times out of my total 38,000 or so deaths. Thats without FJ and not that significant of a number imo. Id rather use Scavenger or toughness.

The stats on Elite are not accurate for deaths, because you have to have had the item in question unlocked before it starts tracking deaths. So you've probably died a lot more times to C4 than 900, certainly if you didn't perma unlock it, because it's a fairly late unlock in each prestige, for example.

Before I reset my stats, something like 75% of my deaths were from the Peacekeeper, according to Elite. This is clearly not true, but it happened because I started the game with the Peacekeeper unlocked due to DLC, but most of the other guns were only unlocked briefly during each prestige. The AN-94 was another gun I had huge amounts of deaths by, because it was my first perma unlock.
---
#18RS_YELARAKAPosted 6/26/2013 8:08:35 AM(edited)
I did indeed unlock C4 within my first 3 prestiges. And back then I never EVER ran into C4. So my C4 deaths are pretty spot on. My first couple prestiges I played mostly HCFFA. Everyone used BB for easy kills.

C4 is one of the truly fun elements of this game. I do not mind a C4 death at all. Especially since I have more deaths to frags ;) People exaggerate C4 deaths because it pisses them off. In reality your amount of deaths by them really are not significant in the big picture. At least not for me. Its like someobe who cries about the R870 close range insta deaths or being quick scoped. They are annoying so they exaggerate them. But really you dont die to them that often.

Ill pass on the FJ & use my scavenger and toss out as much C4 as I can instead.
---
#19supercoolisaacPosted 6/26/2013 8:25:56 AM
Fun = winning.

I've never once been in a game and thought "man, I really need to get my k/d up". Lol. I just don't care.
---
"Let these words be the colors, I'm just painting my heart."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#20NemerlightPosted 6/26/2013 10:27:20 AM
Team Deathmatch - I play it for fun and rarely care about winning.

Demo - This is fun too but i HATE losing in this mode so much.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
Ever get lonely? Remember, the NSA is right there with you - Internet.