The FAL

#1f41lurizerPosted 6/25/2013 11:28:06 PM
Darn this thing is OP. I can't understand why I don't see more of it...easily one of my favorite guns.
#2AndaristPosted 6/26/2013 2:21:22 AM
yeah it's pretty good.

my companion uses it exclusively lol
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#3L4DMalusPosted 6/26/2013 3:45:46 AM
I don't think its overpowered at all, it is definitely a top tier AR no doubt but I think the AN-94 outclasses it in those medium-short range firefights, even sometimes at long range unless you've got a decent trigger finger.
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
Not changing this signature until Nightmare Creatures gets a reboot. Started 5/24/2013
#4njb1989Posted 6/26/2013 4:23:07 AM
its a very good gun, took me a while to get used to it. hammering the trigger and aiming is more difficult than it sounds.
---
GT: LeNick25 Double Whoppers ruin lives! but they taste so damn good while doing it.
#5tactikz4Posted 6/26/2013 4:25:36 AM
lol i can see u miss it before it was pacthed. If u say its OP now then i dont have any idea how u would have called it before it was patched.
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
BF3/Black Ops 2 My Fav Multiplayer.
#6roach06Posted 6/26/2013 8:15:39 AM
L4DMalus posted...
I don't think its overpowered at all, it is definitely a top tier AR no doubt but I think the AN-94 outclasses it in those medium-short range firefights, even sometimes at long range unless you've got a decent trigger finger.

That is the thing about the FAL. It IS the best gun in the game, period. But it takes a good trigger finger for it to be effective in all situations.

If you dont like the semi-auto, then use the AN-94. Almost as good and is full-auto.

But if you have a good trigger finger, the FAL outclasses it in every situation.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#7L4DMalusPosted 6/26/2013 8:39:18 AM
roach06 posted...
L4DMalus posted...

That is the thing about the FAL. It IS the best gun in the game, period. But it takes a good trigger finger for it to be effective in all situations.

If you dont like the semi-auto, then use the AN-94. Almost as good and is full-auto.

But if you have a good trigger finger, the FAL outclasses it in every situation.

Maybe I am just getting flooded by bad FAL users. I can beat most FAL users with my trusty M27, so maybe its just me
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
Not changing this signature until Nightmare Creatures gets a reboot. Started 5/24/2013
#8MissElenaPosted 6/26/2013 9:13:43 AM
Dunno why but I do 5x better with the SMuRf than with the FAIL.
---
GT: Varaza
Me with my love =') http://i.imgur.com/yrpeJ8y.jpg
#9f41lurizer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 9:19:49 AM
Close range: fal beats SMG's if you land both shots. Shotguns will beat you 50% of the time or so.
Medium range: FAL is a 3 hit kill at this range, SMG's will almost have a chance but be out of their range a little. Full auto AR's with 3 hit kills (scar) will be able to probably beat you.
Long range: Snipers will probably beat you at this, but if you shoot first, you have a chance. LMG's that can aim (especially with tf) will beat you at this range.

The only downfall to the FAL is that its semi auto, and is only effective if you can aim it. I recommend stock so you can aim more with your left hand while your right hand focuses mostly on the trigger.

And I am talking about the normal FAL. I do not believe that was ever nerfed. The select fre FAL can RIP. I like that they nerfed it because now the FAL takes some skill to use.
#10f41lurizer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 9:23:45 AM
MissElena posted...
Dunno why but I do 5x better with the SMuRf than with the FAIL.

Its the 2 hit kill. To quote nadeshot, "BANG BANG"