Footsteps Poll

#1Silver17Posted 6/30/2013 2:04:47 AM
How Do you Want Footsteps to Be Handled in Future COD Games? - Results (365 votes)
COD4/WAW/BO - (DS/NP - Mid Level Noise with a perk to Cancel)
29.86% (109 votes)
MW2 - (LOUD Footsepts with SRP but the ability to cancel with Ninja)
37.53% (137 votes)
MW3 Post Patch - (LOUD footsteps only counter was crouch walk)
13.42% (49 votes)
BO2 - (DS Basically Built in but sound only noticible in some areas)
19.18% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I ran out of room for the first option - yes DS in COD4/WAW didn't increase footstep noise, but you get the idea.

Anywhoo.. I know some people hated the post patch of SRP in MW3 because you had to crouch walk to deal against sound whoring.

Then there's others that are upset at Treyarch for not fixing Awareness. Yes I know that DS in BO2 is useful for not having your character yelling out random BS, but this poll is more about footsteps in future games.

How do YOU want footsteps to be like in future COD games?...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#2zxrax_alt_1Posted 6/30/2013 2:11:43 AM
I used to be a super soundwhore, especially in MW2. I used the s*** out of SitRep in MW3, but knowing that it was hellishly overpowered.

As someone who owns a quite expensive headset and plays the game both casually and competitively, I really think the way Black Ops 2 does footsteps is best. I don't think you should be able to buy a UAV that you attach to your controller, at all. I love that there's a ton of perk variety in slot 3 competitively. I love that I can use Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning together rather than sacrificing one or the other to avoid being soundwhored to death.

I definitely think the way Black Ops 2 does footstep noises is best, even though I wouldn't mind having an advantage over every opponent 24/7 in public matches.
---
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.875GHz | 2x HD7970 | 16GB 2000MHz | Rampage IV Formula | 250GB 840 SSD +2TB | Custom Watercooling | 1440p IPS
#3Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 2:59:40 AM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
I used to be a super soundwhore, especially in MW2. I used the s*** out of SitRep in MW3, but knowing that it was hellishly overpowered......

I jumped into a BO2 lobby earlier and found a few people ticked at Trey for never fixing Awareness. I was trying to explain to them how **** used to just sit in corners in MW3, and wait for you to walk by. Most still wanted it fixed because it was more realistic.

I totally get where you are coming from with the 24/7 Audio UAV, because yes it did give you an advantage (especially in MW3). However I still think that the OG BO had the right balance between "realism" and "fun". Especially since it didn't hold your hand, and only tell you when the "enemy" was close.

TBH I'm surprised that Trey never did anything to fix footsteps in this game, even thought they did eventually patch that in the OG BO.

It's kinda weird how polar opposite footsteps are in BO2 vs MW3, and it will be interesting to see which direction IW is gonna go in the next game...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#4FeelMyBladePosted 6/30/2013 4:30:48 AM
CoD4 days. or Black Ops 2.

It really doesn't affect me too much, since I no longer use a gaming headset.

As long as there is something to counter it, I wouldn't mind.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
Best Cods: Black Ops 2 and CoD4!
#5ih0tfireiPosted 6/30/2013 5:41:41 AM
It needs to go back to MW2 levels. I'm tired of people sprinting around like idiots and not being punished for it. Heck ill be fine if it was only sprinting noise that went back to MW2 levels.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
NNID - Hotfire
#6jumbocatPosted 6/30/2013 6:50:52 AM
I'm conflicted. I like footsteps being a part of gameplay, but considering that meant that tier 3 was permanently locked into Ninja in MW2 it doesn't really help for perk diversity. Maybe footsteps just a little louder than BO2?
---
ED
AC
#7fatclemenzaPosted 6/30/2013 6:54:41 AM
I'm tired of people sprinting around like idiots and not being punished for it.

This is what it comes down to. Between the map layouts, spawns, and LW/Dex, its not uncommon for someone to be on top of you with no warning and no penalty for playing like a moron
---
She told me her name was Billie Jean, and she caused a scene;
#8QualiTPosted 6/30/2013 6:57:52 AM
Mw3 would have been fine if they made dead silence a complete counter as it would punish those too heavily reliant on footsteps.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#9Hypnotiq360Posted 6/30/2013 7:28:24 AM
I like how BO2 did their audio because of the whole environment sound (running into dumpsters, cars etc) but as far as footsteps go it should be cod 4 levels. MW3 wasn't too bad until they ruined the game totally with the sitrep patch, I remember hearing people from basically across the map.
---
XBL- dM Apollo
PSN- ii_Rec
#10f41lurizerPosted 6/30/2013 9:02:47 AM
I sorta like it with no footstep sounds