Footsteps Poll

#41Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:39:10 PM
MegaTape13 posted...
It's funny how MW3 has apparently changed so many people. I've gotten almost nothing but flak over the last 3 years for my opinions on footstep volume and sound-based perks :\

^ That's because BO2 changed the minds of many people, which was the exact-opposite of what happened in MW3.

The last 4 COD games all had different audio styles. Ghosts will probably copy one of those audio setups.

IMO it's very interesting to see which audio setup people want going forward...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#42Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 10:20:20 PM
AbsoluteZeroX19 posted...
Silver17 posted...
I ran out of room for the first option - yes DS in COD4/WAW didn't increase footstep noise, but you get the idea.

Anywhoo.. I know some people hated the post patch of SRP in MW3 because you had to crouch walk to deal against sound whoring.

Then there's others that are upset at Treyarch for not fixing Awareness. Yes I know that DS in BO2 is useful for not having your character yelling out random BS, but this poll is more about footsteps in future games.

How do YOU want footsteps to be like in future COD games?...

Personally, I have only played BO2, in multiplayer that is. I played CoD4, but in singleplayer. Anyway, for me, I can easily hear people's foot steps, especially if they are sprinting. (With headset). So if people say that BO2 footsteps are silent, I can only imagine how FAR easier you can sound w**** in older CODs. I'm already satisfied with the BO2 footstep mechanics.

^ *Being Dead Serious* MW2/MW3's footsteps were like "Elephant stomp" loud compared to BO2.

At least in MW2 you could counter SRP with Ninja. In MW3 (current State) you could only counter by crouch walking. (AKA NO Perk Counter)

If Ghosts goes back to the way MW3 currently does footsteps, there's gonna be a whole lot of butthurt people out there. You literally had an audio UAV 24/7, which promoted corner camping even more...
---
#43Sega9599Posted 7/23/2013 1:26:18 PM
In MW3 they should have made the Scrambler also emulate footsteps and gunfire as well tbh. would have really made that a killer tactical.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#44Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 6:50:08 AM
Sega9599 posted...
In MW3 they should have made the Scrambler also emulate footsteps and gunfire as well tbh. would have really made that a killer tactical.

Kinda like a Decoy Grenade for SRP.

Might not be as effective as a perk counter, but it would have been a lot better than the constant 24/7/365 crouch walk counter...
---
#45HydraRaptorPosted 7/29/2013 7:25:57 AM
I would say that footsteps should definitely be more audible, but there shouldn't be a perk to increase their volume. Sitrep Pro from MW3 proves just how easily it can sway an entire game if someone has a good headset and is willing to almost go deaf in order to win. MW2's SRP was fine enough, but that was because most of the tier 3 perks were either unnecessary (Steady Aim, Scrambler) or extremely situational (Commando, Last Stand), making Ninja your best choice in the first place if you aren't soundwhoring. There needs to be a sense of competition in each perk tier, which BlOps 2 definitely failed at.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.
#46Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 9:30:07 AM
HydraRaptor posted...
I would say that footsteps should definitely be more audible, but there shouldn't be a perk to increase their volume. Sitrep Pro from MW3 proves just how easily it can sway an entire game if someone has a good headset and is willing to almost go deaf in order to win. MW2's SRP was fine enough, but that was because most of the tier 3 perks were either unnecessary (Steady Aim, Scrambler) or extremely situational (Commando, Last Stand), making Ninja your best choice in the first place if you aren't soundwhoring. There needs to be a sense of competition in each perk tier, which BlOps 2 definitely failed at.

MW3 (DS Prepatch) at least had a little bit more "tier 3 perk balance". Steady Aim and Stalker were both used a lot by the community. Even Marksman was decent on the larger DLC maps, and of course DS IMO was one of the most popular tier 3 perks at that time. It's just when DS got nerfed, then SRP instantly became the dominant tier 3 perk.

As much as I like going back and playing MW3 on and off, there's just too many D-Bags that are abusing SRP lately.

SRP (especially without a perk counter) IMO is grossly overpowered...
---
#47Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 8:56:44 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
SkilzMC posted...
OrlandoMagician posted...
MW2, but anything but this game is okay. Right now, Dead Silence and Awareness are a waste of a perk slot. Having audible footsteps added an extra dynamic to the game this one lacks.

But that's just the thing, once you buff dead silence/ awareness to MW2 levels, every person with a headset or decent sound system is wearing one of those perks and everyone else is at a huge disadvantage.

It's not balance, it just makes the game pay to win. Dead Silence and Awareness can still be viable options if you keep away from teammates or play FFA/SnD frequently.

What are you talking about? In MW2 you DIDN'T need a headset to hear footsteps. When I played MW2 SnD solo(no friends on), I would never use a headset. The footsteps could be heard easily. I would argue that you actually need a headset after MW2 just to hear them.

The perfect audio would be MW2 footsteps that can be negated by dead silence/ninja with audio cues that enemy players can hear(even with dead silence) during certain actions. For example falling, reloading(not character screams), cooking grenades and climbing terrain should all be heard if you're within reasonable distance.

As for awareness that perk shouldn't even exist.

Agreed, you could easily hear footsteps through your TV using SRP.

Even with DS/Ninja cancelling, I still think MW2/MW3 audio was too loud. If you go back and play COD4 or BO, IMO that audio level had the right mix of realism and not being that OP. SRP IMHO was an "Audio UAV advantage" throughout the entire match.

^ Sure a perk counter is nice, but you're kinda forced to use it because IMO SRP was OP...
---
#48Silver17(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 9:28:03 PM
Bumping this since we are gonna probably see some perks revealed later on today.

Hopefully somebody asks IW how they plan on handling the sound/perk tier/perk cancellation since MW2/MW3 had REALLY LOUD audio levels...
---
#49OMEGA RUGALPosted 8/14/2013 11:41:15 AM
Using sounding to ENHANCE gameplay is a great thing.

It is incredible how many people don't want to have the ability to IMPROVE gameplay thru sound ... not just graphics.

I choose MW2 ... if you didn't want people hearing you while you where running ... there was always Ninja for you. This balanced the Perk 3 because you could choose to not be heard ... or no Commando teleport knifing ... or super human hearing and xray vision of Sitrep Pro take your pick ...

People who complained about Ninja..... then they complained about Commando ...then they complained about Last Stand ... sounds ... balanced if you are complaining about so many perks from the same tier slot.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Superman is technically black, if he were white he would have had skin cancer due too much sun exposure
#50HaganPosted 8/14/2013 11:52:20 AM
mw2, makes FFA that much easier.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz