Someone help me get better with the VTOL Warship

#1HamJabroniPosted 6/30/2013 11:03:41 AM
Either this thing sucks or I just suck. I can do just fine with the lodestar but the Vtol gets me a ton of hitmarkers and on top of that, it gets shot down waaaay to quickly.
---
"Prone like a carrot!"
-Preston #TBNRMY
#2pyrokinesis666Posted 6/30/2013 11:09:48 AM
does the vtol have rockets and machine guns.

if so, I would use the rockets

I've never used the vtol so not sure what it has
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#3HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:18:57 AM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
does the vtol have rockets and machine guns.

if so, I would use the rockets

I've never used the vtol so not sure what it has

The rockets are pretty weak. The problem is that it's hard to kill people while you're trying to escape enemy rockets. The hit detection is screwed up I think, similiar to the Chopper Gunner from BO1 at times.
---
"Prone like a carrot!"
-Preston #TBNRMY
#4f41lurizerPosted 6/30/2013 11:21:36 AM
To avoid it being shot down, spam RB to move it around the map
---
---
"Now that right there is the creepiest bit of stalking I have ever seen on Gamefaqs." LOL gt: f41lurizer
#5HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:23:02 AM
f41lurizer posted...
To avoid it being shot down, spam RB to move it around the map
---

That's my problem. Shooting while moving seems to make the hit detection go whack
---
"Prone like a carrot!"
-Preston #TBNRMY
#6QualiTPosted 6/30/2013 11:30:03 AM
Hardcore wont give you hitmarkers.

(Hardcore sucks tho, just sayin')
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#7HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:44:44 AM
QualiT posted...
Hardcore wont give you hitmarkers.

(Hardcore sucks tho, just sayin')

The probability of me actually getting a VTOL without getting teamkilled is the same as 3arc actually fixing the netcoding of this game.
---
"Prone like a carrot!"
-Preston #TBNRMY
#8pyrokinesis666Posted 6/30/2013 11:46:04 AM
You could try combat training with bots, to try and get better with it
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#9webbc99Posted 7/1/2013 4:47:37 AM
HamJabroni posted...
Either this thing sucks or I just suck. I can do just fine with the lodestar but the Vtol gets me a ton of hitmarkers and on top of that, it gets shot down waaaay to quickly.

I constantly fire the machine gun, using the IR vision and zoom to "snipe" people with it. The machine gun has a fair amount of splash damage so you don't need to be too accurate. Every time the missiles are ready, rather than picking one point and firing them, drag your crosshair over a long area of the map so the missiles carpet bomb the entire area. Keep pressing LB (I think?) to shift position, which prevents people locking on to you with rockets (on most maps there will be something tall in the way which will break their lock on).

The main difference with the VTOL, and this is why it can be pretty terrible, is that it is a) huge, and b) flies really low, which means that one RPG or SMAW (not locked on) can take it out instantly.

Compared to the Lodestar, which is very far away, so will at least take a few rockets to kill, and also has a really awesome way of aiming the rockets in that you can fire first, and aim them while they're in flight. Very easy to use.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: MH3U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft