My thoughts on overpowered weapons

#1ando1985Posted 7/4/2013 4:52:26 AM
I'm not going to debate what equipment/perks/attachments/weapons should be considered overpowered. However, the thing that bothers me when people start trash talking to someone who is using whatever is deemed OP. Shouldn't that be directed at the actual developers? As the player it isn't our job to refrain from using whatever is deemed overpowered.
#2cifer520Posted 7/4/2013 5:01:40 AM
There comes a point in a game's lifespan when you have to question why people are still reluctant to move on from the power weapons. You wonder how they don't get extremely bored extremely fast. But it's nothing to really complain about.
#3ando1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:13:32 AM
cifer520 posted...
There comes a point in a game's lifespan when you have to question why people are still reluctant to move on from the power weapons. You wonder how they don't get extremely bored extremely fast. But it's nothing to really complain about.

Yeah, I get bored of them as well. Usually I'll use some wacky load outs after getting tired of more conventional weapons. I just think the whole "you MSMC <insert random derogatory term>" is misdirected. I just feel that it shouldn't be our job as players to determine which weapons are OP and to not use them. If something is unbalanced it is the developers fault, not ours.
#4LoshadtPosted 7/4/2013 7:54:06 AM
People flock to the most OP or easiest to use crap, that's just a fact. What bothers me is not the people who use that stuff, it's the people that throw out the silly justifications.

And what bothers me most of all is the way Vonderhurr addressed it near launch.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.