Am I the only one who doesn't build any of the traps on Buried?

#1RagingKoalaBearPosted 7/4/2013 4:17:32 PM
I build EE stuff like the guillotine, but as far as playing a standard game I never use any of those BS traps and play straight up. I might not get as far but at least I know personally that I don't have to use those items to get high rounds.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 7/4/2013 4:19:36 PM
http://tinyurl.com/88bwg3a
---
"I'd rather die than be average."
#3JohnWall32Posted 7/4/2013 6:21:33 PM
Almost every game I play is the same...everyone but me camps by jug with traps...sure we cruise to 40s damn near every gm but its boring as hell...I play with randoms for 100+ revive games...this crap feels almost like easy mode solo to me now.
#4RagingKoalaBear(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:35:56 PM
Playing Buried solo with the use of no traps makes it an extremely fun map. Any other way of playing it makes it too easy. Will they ever give is a map that makes you rely purely on skill? Verrukt is a great example of that IMO.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
#5MasterPokerPosted 7/5/2013 8:47:30 AM(edited)
Buried is still too easy even without abuse of buildables...or Paralyzer flying...or camping Jug's long, very narrow hallway that funnels zombies...or camping Processing, where there's only two spawn points, both inside windows...or camping one of the many glitched green clouds that never disappear, giving you invulnerability.

Hell, I even decided to see how long I could survive camping the maze, which is supposedly hard enough to be worth an achievement. Turns out that I got bored in the 30s when everyone else quit, and still hadn't gone down.

Buried is a joke, but we've already gotten Die Rise and MotD as jokes, so what else is new? Even Grief is unplayable - they give you all the buildables, so people use the Trample Steam to glitch out of the map. Turned is much too large of an area as well.

When the community whined their heads off about Tranzit, and praised Die Rise, they asked to keep getting these stupid-easy maps. Tranzit isn't terribly hard, but it does require some setup (wah!) and some endgame skill with trains since your weapons weren't OPed (wah!). Getting into the 40s or higher without abusing the glitches that keep being added actually means something on Tranzit (and Nuketown for that matter), but it doesn't mean much on any of the DLC maps.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#6MasterPokerPosted 7/5/2013 8:48:45 AM
RagingKoalaBear posted...
I build EE stuff like the guillotine, but as far as playing a standard game I never use any of those BS traps and play straight up. I might not get as far but at least I know personally that I don't have to use those items to get high rounds.

ITT: TC complains about lack of skill, looks up how to do EE.

I hate this generation.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande