Anyone sick of all the zombie modes/achievements?

#1X Slayer007 XPosted 7/5/2013 7:57:28 AM
I used to be pretty persistent about getting achievements on all games and there are quite a few tough games out there where I was proud to get all the achievements. Sure, I would need help with a few of them and I would work with strangers on the internet, but those were few and far between.

Now I'm kind of regretting that I bought the season pass for this game because it seems that all the emphasis is put on whatever new zombie mode there is. Chances are, I just suck at these games, but whenever I either play alone or with randoms in a lobby, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I've looked on youtube for walk throughs but most of them aren't detailed and assume you already know where all the rooms and parts are. This is actually my first COD game with a zombies mode so maybe that has something to do with it too. (I usually purchase every non-Treyarch game released annually).

The icing on the cake is how most zombie lobbies are filled with little kids and their squeaky voices.
---
{aB} RIP Lyrics Topic (6/12/2003 - 1/31/2007)
Hello Vinnie. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check! *stab* The pen is truly mightier than the sword!
#2LerthyrPosted 7/5/2013 7:59:45 AM
Nope, still love doing them.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#3OmegaReaper21Posted 7/5/2013 7:59:50 AM
Since I bought this game for zombies.....

no, I'm not sick of it (although I could have done without the Turned mode/achievements)
#4MasterPokerPosted 7/5/2013 8:36:11 AM
In a generation where everyone looks up the answers instead of "achieving" themselves, we still have people complaining its too hard?

http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/

This is going to be true sooner than we think.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#5lderivedxPosted 7/5/2013 8:39:28 AM
Maybe games are getting easier because they're no longer appealing to the crowd that has the time to get good at one game, either because they're doing something in life or they want to play multiple games.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx
#6LerthyrPosted 7/5/2013 8:50:38 AM
MasterPoker posted...
In a generation where everyone looks up the answers instead of "achieving" themselves, we still have people complaining its too hard?

http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/

LMFAO. Did they test a bunch of CoD players? That is beyond pathetic. I don't know whether to laugh or be saddened by this. It's a damn shame that gamers in this generation will never get to experience any games again such as Super Mario Brothers, Mega Man series, FF7, the old Metroid games, even the old Pokemon games (Gen 1-3), etc. The list goes on.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#7MasterPokerPosted 7/5/2013 8:56:53 AM(edited)
Maybe games are getting easier because they're no longer appealing to the crowd that has the time to get good at one game, either because they're doing something in life or they want to play multiple games.

Except this never happened in the past, because online play and the Internet were not common, you had no reason to keep playing a game once you beat it/unlocked everything/etc. Now you do have people playing one game extensively, because its online and they want to dominate that one community.

Checkpoints are a common example of modern gaming - why learn how to beat a stage when I can just brute force the parts I'm stuck on? If I die I'm just going to re-spawn to 15 seconds earlier anyway. This works for mainstream appeal (anyone can beat our game eventually and feel going doing it...yay auto-aim!) and sucks for those of us who remember a time when you could actually choose the difficulty of a game, and have incentives to not die repeatedly when trying to beat the game (Killer Instinct anyone? The more you died, the worse of an ending you got).
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#8GiglioroninomPosted 7/5/2013 9:17:56 AM
Lerthyr posted...
MasterPoker posted...

LMFAO. Did they test a bunch of CoD players? That is beyond pathetic. I don't know whether to laugh or be saddened by this. It's a damn shame that gamers in this generation will never get to experience any games again such as Super Mario Brothers, Mega Man series, FF7, the old Metroid games, even the old Pokemon games (Gen 1-3), etc. The list goes on.

Unless the upcoming generations learn about emulators. If I ever have children, I'm restoring a Nintendo 64 and raising it on that lol.
---
GT: BBY52
"You make me want to do cocaine off of this vertical mirror!"
#9LerthyrPosted 7/5/2013 9:50:08 AM
Giglioroninom posted...
Lerthyr posted...
MasterPoker posted...

Unless the upcoming generations learn about emulators. If I ever have children, I'm restoring a Nintendo 64 and raising it on that lol.

Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64 :')

Glover (if you're feeling sadistic)
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
#10slayerxelitePosted 7/5/2013 9:55:12 AM
Not at all.

Playing zombies is insanely fun and I love the achievements tied to them. Even the 15+ step EE ones to an extent.

Treyarch could easily release an amazing stand alone zombie game
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs