Best weapon for hardcore?

#1blaine22Posted 7/7/2013 9:09:09 PM
I recently started playing hardcore, mostly domination, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I never really played hardcore before except for MW2 for the easy FMJ kills. I've been using the vector and my friend swears by the peacekeeper, but I don't have the DLC. I was wondering what other people's opinions are on the best guns or setups. I haven't played since January so I haven't kept up with the patches.
---
Dolphins. One of the smartest mammals on Earth. Do they wear pants? No, but they wish they did. That's how smart they are! -MST3K
#2FlashCannonPosted 7/7/2013 9:10:15 PM
for me it's the SMR and SCAR for hardcore. both are one shot at nearly every range. enjoy.
#3L4DMalusPosted 7/7/2013 9:39:50 PM
For hardcore I swear by the following guns.

AN-94
Quickdraw
Stock

MTAR
Quickdraw
Stock
Reflex

Peacekeeper
Reflex
Fast Mags

MP7
Extended Clip
Laser

Any LMG
Any Sniper
Any Pistol
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
Not changing this signature until Nightmare Creatures gets a reboot. Started 5/24/2013
#4blaine22(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 9:52:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I have used the SCAR some and I really liked it too. I'll give those other guns a shot next time I play.

Also, I had completely forgotten about Nightmare Creatures. A reboot would be awesome.
---
Dolphins. One of the smartest mammals on Earth. Do they wear pants? No, but they wish they did. That's how smart they are! -MST3K
#5BS_InfinitePosted 7/7/2013 11:50:34 PM
Peacekeeper for sure.
---
--
-
#6Lisbon14215Posted 7/8/2013 12:20:52 AM
The Chicom really shines in HC.
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
#7f41lurizerPosted 7/8/2013 1:48:11 AM
L4DMalus posted...
For hardcore I swear by the following guns.

AN-94
Quickdraw
Stock

MTAR
Quickdraw
Stock
Reflex

Peacekeeper
Reflex
Fast Mags

MP7
Extended Clip
Laser

Any LMG
Any Sniper
Any Pistol

why doesn't the SVU place as the clear #1 hardcore sniper for you?
---
"Now that right there is the creepiest bit of stalking I have ever seen on Gamefaqs." LOL gt: f41lurizer
That's F41LURIZER now add me!
#8adeelPosted 7/8/2013 2:07:03 AM
Depends, if you're a runner n gunner then you need a SMG. You raise your gun like .3 seconds quicker than a Assault Rifle, that's a difference between life and death in hardcore. Plus you need a gun with a quick rate of fire.

My hardcore class (if I'm on a good role, I can usually get 3 VSATs in one game).

VECTOR.
Primary Gun Fighter.
Quickdraw (MUST)
Stock (That luck of dodging someones bullet really helps)
Suppressor or long barrel.

Hardline

Scavenger

Dexterity (MUST)

2 EMPs.
#9webbc99Posted 7/8/2013 2:37:47 AM
I find in Hardcore that SMGs are largely useless. I usually use a FAL, SMR, M8A1 if I'm using a "proper" gun. All three are one-shot kills at good range, SMR in particular. M8A1 is a one-burst at any range.

The LSAT deserves a mention for having an ammo counter. I wouldn't use any other LMG, very useful to know how much ammo you have when you have a 6 sec reload time.

But the crown must go to the SVU, with a B23R secondary. The SVU (silenced + fast mags) is ridiculously good on any map. Barely any sway, one-shot kill, semi-auto... Wonderful weapon. B23R is an excellent secondary, again, one-burst kill from considerable range.

I find with SMGs, you lose long range one-shot damage, as well as the accuracy, for a trivial theoretical improvement in close quarters time to kill. The thing is, when some fool can hipfire you with a FAL and kill you at that range, I'm pretty sure their TTK is just as good.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: MH3U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#10adeelPosted 7/8/2013 3:45:14 AM
webbc99 posted...
I find in Hardcore that SMGs are largely useless. I usually use a FAL, SMR, M8A1 if I'm using a "proper" gun. All three are one-shot kills at good range, SMR in particular. M8A1 is a one-burst at any range.

The LSAT deserves a mention for having an ammo counter. I wouldn't use any other LMG, very useful to know how much ammo you have when you have a 6 sec reload time.

But the crown must go to the SVU, with a B23R secondary. The SVU (silenced + fast mags) is ridiculously good on any map. Barely any sway, one-shot kill, semi-auto... Wonderful weapon. B23R is an excellent secondary, again, one-burst kill from considerable range.

I find with SMGs, you lose long range one-shot damage, as well as the accuracy, for a trivial theoretical improvement in close quarters time to kill. The thing is, when some fool can hipfire you with a FAL and kill you at that range, I'm pretty sure their TTK is just as good.

This is interesting.

I've been playing Hardcore, and on a good game, I get 2/3 VSATs. But like I said, I'm a runner n gunner. Could I have the same effect with a assault rifle instead?

For example. In hardcore Nuketown Domination, I'm rushing in the enemies spawn point all the time. The only tricky bit, is actually reaching the opposite house, but if I do, I end up getting a high score. MAJORITY of my games I'm on the top of my team, and most of the time I'm top of the leader board.

BUT, I rage quite a bit. Since I run n gun, I'm prone to dying by stupid stuff, like a guy just shooting through a wall and it pierces me and kills me, and this happens when I'm always one or two kills away from my VSAT.

if you can get a VSAT in hardcore, play carefully and you can get your next VSAT before the first one runs out.

So my Q is, how can I improve on the way I play? Switch over and use a Assault Rifle? I've been using SMG's so much on hardcore, that raising any other gun would feel like an eternity yes?

Help please.