Paralyzer. Most OP zombie weapon ever?

#1Wasssup NowPosted 7/15/2013 7:05:19 AM
Thundergun holds the title but unlimited ammo might be where the paralyzer has the advantage
#2chicagogr81Posted 7/15/2013 9:22:17 AM
Hell's Redeemer
---
JD/MBA/MS --- GT: Arvs23
In My Lifetime: 1 Lombardi Trophy, 6 O'Brien Trophies, 1 Commissioner's Trophy, 2 Stanley Cups
#3TheBEST305gamerPosted 7/15/2013 3:55:25 PM
Sliquifier
#4MasterPokerPosted 7/15/2013 7:31:58 PM(edited)
BO2, most OPed weapons ever (pick a paid DLC map, any of them) is more like it.

Thundergun was great, sure, but it lacked in ammo and was a reloading liability. It wasn't an infinite ammo OHKO into really late rounds (MotD wonder weapons), a 650 ammo AR with buyable ammo (AN-94), 400 ammo SMG with buyable ammo (PDW), or a wall gun sniper OHKOing into the 40s with over 200 ammo (SVU). It also wasn't a map-glitching Trample Steam, or a 0 cost wall trap (Chainsaw).

I really hate this game's zombie DLC, so if Ghosts ends up with a similar mode, I may just get the otherwise superior Wii U version (which never gets DLC) if this is how zombie DLC is going to be treated. I'm so glad that the Ray Gun MkII is a bad gun (useable sure, but worse than the original Ray Gun), preventing Tranzit/Nuketown from getting ruined.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#5TheBEST305gamerPosted 7/16/2013 1:47:50 PM(edited)
MasterPoker posted...

I'm so glad that the Ray Gun MkII is a bad gun (useable sure, but worse than the original Ray Gun), preventing Tranzit/Nuketown from getting ruined.

What?! The new Ray Gun is far superior to the original. No splash damage and it takes out zombies in high rds without making a bunch of crawlers.
#6FaithInAllPosted 7/16/2013 2:17:31 PM
MkII >

It burns through ammo sure, but it disposes of zombies faster considering you can actually get headshots with it and it just rails through all of them if they're in a line.
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
#7MasterPokerPosted 7/16/2013 7:39:10 PM(edited)
TheBEST305gamer posted...
MasterPoker posted...

I'm so glad that the Ray Gun MkII is a bad gun (useable sure, but worse than the original Ray Gun), preventing Tranzit/Nuketown from getting ruined.

What?! The new Ray Gun is far superior to the original. No splash damage and it takes out zombies in high rds without making a bunch of crawlers.

You need to distinguish between camping strategies vs training strategies.

Making crawlers in high rounds is a good thing for running trains, it keeps the spawn rate under control. The explosive radius of the Ray Gun also is more effective the more zombies you can hit with it (which is impractical when camping, but valuable when you're controlling a train).

When camping, the MkII may well be better due to funneling the zombies in a mostly straight line, where explosive radius doesn't hit that many. It would be better as a single shot semi-auto or full-auto gun though, instead of a 3-round burst that kills accuracy and wastes ammo in the lower rounds.

On a recent run in Tranzit, I was able to ride one copy of the Ray Gun all the way to Round 46 without running into ammo issues (I wasn't using the Jet Gun). At the end of that round I switched to the MkII, and upgraded it. It wasn't even able to get me through one full round (47), and I was forced into chasing down wall ammo for my other guns. At the end of that round I went back to the Ray Gun and was able to clear a couple more rounds (48-49) before finally going down on Round 50, where hunting for wall ammo did me in.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#8TheBEST305gamerPosted 7/16/2013 8:00:48 PM
I'm not sure why you had issues. I found that in the 40's, you're able to take out 10 or so zombies with one burst of the new ray gun. With the old one, I hold it down until I've made a pile of crawlers which I then take out. In short, it seems like the new ray gun is a ohk in rds 40+ while the regular one creates crawlers that hinder my running route
#9TheBEST305gamerPosted 7/16/2013 8:03:24 PM
TheBEST305gamer posted...
I'm not sure why you had issues. I found that in the 40's, you're able to take out 10 or so zombies with one burst of the new ray gun. With the old one, I hold it down until I've made a pile of crawlers which I then take out. In short, it seems like the new ray gun is a ohk in rds 40+ while the regular one creates crawlers that hinder my running route

And no, I don't like to keep spawns under control with crawlers. If rather waste all my ammo killing one zombie at a time than dealing with a crawler in the middle of my running lane. That is why Treyarch put in slow walkers in high rds this time around. Those bastards are harder to deal with than the runners!!
#10SaphirahPosted 7/18/2013 4:11:15 AM
Petrifier is the most OP wonder weapon, you can go far just camping in a corner, which beats running around with the Sliquifier.