for those of you that are at master prestige

#21TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 7/18/2013 8:45:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 7/18/2013 8:48:22 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I always wondered what the point of the iron sight ballista was when it's basically a weaker version of the KSG

whats the point of any gun when they are all weaker than the ksg?

Are you unable to tell the difference between shotguns and other weapon types?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#23RapaleemanPosted 7/18/2013 9:28:04 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I always wondered what the point of the iron sight ballista was when it's basically a weaker version of the KSG

It's actually stronger where it counts. That mid range sweet spot where the KSG struggles to get a hitmarker before the shell drops off is where the Ballista with Iron Sights shines. The key is getting used to the irons and finding that spot for you.

I actually really like the KSG too but there is a point where the gun won't OHK anymore or even get a hit marker and I need to satisfy that OHK, sniper style of gameplay. If you can tag a guy in the upper torso or higher it will OHK at any range with no need to worry whether you are within range or not. Not only that but to me, the Ballista should only be out when you are ready to take up a spot and shoot a guy or two with your secondary being the "on the move" weapon. The KSG is basically always equiped so it requires a different mentality and playstyle not to mention a differnet set of perks and attachments (quickdraw, dexterity, long barrel, toughness, maybe stock, etc...).

Plus it is pretty funny to listen to the victims after a kill. It starts with an "expletive sniper" or a really loud "WTF" but then usually changes to an "ohhhh" when they see what it was.

In reality in this game, if played smartly, the weapon indicates how you play and attack a given objective whether that be killing dudes in TBM/KC or defending objectives in another mode. The Iron Sight allows me to mix it up from the absolutely boring SMG gameplay that this game is centered around but most importantly it is just really fun to me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose but the Iron Sight, to my shock, actually fits really well in the layout of most of the maps due to them being so cramped and small. Sure it is a niche weapon fit for certain situations only, but then again so is the KSG.

Side-note: What I would've given for an Iron Sight in some of the cramped MW3 maps or even a map like Crossfire from CoD4. The possibilites for potential gameplay changes could switch even CoD4's now stale and ancient gameplay/styles despite it being my favorite CoD title.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#24Astro_B0mbPosted 7/18/2013 2:18:39 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

whats the point of any gun when they are all weaker than the ksg?

Are you unable to tell the difference between shotguns and other weapon types?

i am not able even though Ive played a lot of shooters
---
#lilbismyfriend2013