If you created the next CoD would you remove Quickscoping?

#51InjusticeRebornPosted 7/30/2013 12:53:12 AM
ih0tfirei posted...

Very simple, make larger maps with bigger sightlines. It's ridiculous that this games largest sight line is the pool/fountain area on raid. The maps on this game are so bad that quickscoping is a necessity

Express. Standoff. Yemen. They all say howdy. And I'm missing more, and that would be from the list of vanilla maps. Then there's the DLC maps.

Absolutely ridic people are using this as an excuse, like I said earlier in this topic.

You make the lines of sight. Not all of them have to have a perching spot like the one you exampled, ffs. _

This community... well, most of, can't think for themselves any more it seems.
#52NemerlightPosted 7/30/2013 3:12:50 AM
Why on earth would anyone remove quickscoping? Its just part of the game.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#53webbc99Posted 7/30/2013 6:41:00 AM
WorstSniperEver posted...
Zachistan posted...
The number of Yeses in this poll is proof that everyone who plays CoD is either stupid or bad.

I said Yes.

Because quickscoping is a plague on this game in general. It's not overpowered, it's in fact the opposite... and yet tons of kiddies for some strange reason love to pick up a sniper rifle and try to be the next YouTube star. All they do is drag down their team in general, infest SnD matches with their stupid antics (I count myself fortunate in the sense that I don't run into too many), and make the other players want to bash their heads against a wall when they see xxXX1337SniperXXxx go 3-47 in that endless pursuit of montage kill-cams.

So yes, I would remove quickscoping. Not because it's overpowered or unfair (because it isn't), but because:

A. It makes absolutely zero sense. Every other gun in the game must be held and fired appropriately, so why should sniper rifles be any different?

and

B. Because it allows a large number of lobbies to be influenced by a staggering number of people who use CoD as nothing more than a way to get YouTube views.

So yes, I would get rid of Quickscoping. Come at me bro :D

You made at least a fair point (although I disagree) until you got to A). Shotguns in this game do not function like RL. You shoot out of your head for crying out loud. This game is NOT realistic. As for B, it's nothing to do with YouTube. I love quickscoping, because it's the most fun thing I've done in an FPS since Shock Combos in Unreal. It takes a hell of a lot more skill than just sprinting around and hipfiring with an SMG. Game would be generic and boring if it wasn't for quickscoping.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: MH3U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#54RapaleemanPosted 7/30/2013 7:21:49 AM
I would add back in the random bullet deviation until scoped in like it was upon release but I would also allow iron sight attachments for all of the bolt actions to satisfy that mid to close range sniper itch.

Upon first release the snipers weren't really a huge issue that I could see. Until scoped in the randomness on the spread was enough that most of the time a OHK would not occur. You actually had to stop, scope in, and plant your feet before firing. Even with the auto aim it wasn't completely broken like it has been since they removed that. Granted it makes the KSG and Iron Sight Ballista valid weapons now but the snipers, specifically the bolt actions, have massive aim assist that allows for pretty accurate fire before a person has even scoped in completely which is completely ridiculous.

With the insta-death and generous body shots that the DSR requires for a kill, it is kind of frustrating. Coupling that with the lag in some of the lobbies and quick scoping is generally just an annoyance that populates some of the playlists. I don't hate it per se but I see the gripes. Same with the shotguns. I don't hate them but I get it.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#55Astro_B0mbPosted 7/30/2013 7:50:23 AM
Rapaleeman posted...
I would add back in the random bullet deviation until scoped in like it was upon release but I would also allow iron sight attachments for all of the bolt actions to satisfy that mid to close range sniper itch.

Upon first release the snipers weren't really a huge issue that I could see. Until scoped in the randomness on the spread was enough that most of the time a OHK would not occur. You actually had to stop, scope in, and plant your feet before firing. Even with the auto aim it wasn't completely broken like it has been since they removed that. Granted it makes the KSG and Iron Sight Ballista valid weapons now but the snipers, specifically the bolt actions, have massive aim assist that allows for pretty accurate fire before a person has even scoped in completely which is completely ridiculous.

With the insta-death and generous body shots that the DSR requires for a kill, it is kind of frustrating. Coupling that with the lag in some of the lobbies and quick scoping is generally just an annoyance that populates some of the playlists. I don't hate it per se but I see the gripes. Same with the shotguns. I don't hate them but I get it.

Auto aim

Lulz
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#56HamJabroniPosted 7/30/2013 7:52:23 AM
mercenary666666 posted...
dueric posted...
Absolutely not. I'd remove things like Lightweight, Laser Sight, Dexterity and view kick, before I even considered removing quickscoping.

Compared to those things, quickscoping is MLG legit, skill wise.

Quick scoping requires almost no skill at all. Am I good at it? Not really, but just about anybody can do it.

Well since you can't quickscope well, it obviously takes skill. Everybody being able to quickscope =/= quickscoping doesn't not takes skill.
---
"I want to touch it and make photos."
-Ryusei Date
#57RapaleemanPosted 7/30/2013 7:58:19 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...

Auto aim

Lulz

It's aim assist but it might as well be auto aim when seeing some of the amazingly great kill cams with bullets flying over the shoulders or completely off into space resulting in a one shot kill.

My poor attempt at sarcasm over the internet.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#58Astro_B0mbPosted 7/30/2013 8:50:19 AM
Rapaleeman posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...

Auto aim

Lulz

It's aim assist but it might as well be auto aim when seeing some of the amazingly great kill cams with bullets flying over the shoulders or completely off into space resulting in a one shot kill.

My poor attempt at sarcasm over the internet.

killcams have never been accurate, stop using them as evidence.
---
#lilbismyfriend2013
#59NinjaDeath911Posted 7/30/2013 3:49:47 PM
All you needed was a "yes or no"

Which by the way I voted yes, mostly because it will make that niche crowd
2nd because I watched a video recently of a quickscoper defining good sniping as "not having to scope in more than a second"

I lost faith in humanity there, I just consider them losers who can't hack it in battlefield as well
#60NinjaDeath911Posted 7/30/2013 3:51:31 PM
arena11 posted...
I'd make MW2 again.

It was called MW3 and it sucked