they should remove player controlled killstreaks.... like ac130

#21HeartlessCharmsPosted 7/28/2013 8:56:40 PM
Implying this community is smarter than the AI
---
"I'd rather die than be average."
#22KilledByAlisaPosted 7/28/2013 9:09:15 PM
But player controlled streaks are the only fun streaks..
---
GT: Varaza
#23Choleric_LlamaPosted 7/28/2013 9:13:43 PM
Welcommatt posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...
No, they need to remove bs cheap ass killstreaks like the Hunter Killer. Easily the cheapest killstreak in any CoD game. Al least killstreaks like the Predator Missle from the MW series, a player was controlling it, so they were vulnerable, even if it were for a short period of time.

Because that roughly 60% chance for a single kill should DEFFINATELY make the user vulnerable.

I don't see it so much as needing to make them vulnerable, but requiring player interaction. This isn't an original analysis, but I agree with it completely: in any competitive game, there has to be give and take. For every person that gets an awesome long range kill, there's a person pissed that they got picked off of headglitch by a Tac .45. When you add killstreaks that are not player controlled, now you've got someone pissed that they died, but nobody is getting the benefit other than seeing a +25. It's no longer a zero-sum game, now it's a negative-sum game for that particular aspect. Unless you're direct-impacting people with the HK, it literally only requires you to look up, press right on the D-pad and press the right trigger. That requires no skill, no thinking, no decision making. It isn't adding to the fun.

There is, however, some benefit to the bigger killstreaks that are automated. Like if someone calls in a Pavelow, stuff just got real. It suddenly massively changes the flow of the map, because that perfect headglitch watching a corner of doom is completely exposed to the air, so people have to move. The other major important factor is that you have time to react before it can kill you, and you aren't helpless against it. Most of the time you don't hear the announcer until the paper plane has killed you. You can't do anything to it unless you have EMP grenades and literally split-second timing. You basically just have to hide inside, assuming it doesn't kill you before you know it's there.
---
"If I illegally downloaded all of Will Smith's songs, I wouldn't be arrested for music piracy, I'd be arrested for promoting horrible taste in music."
#24mercenary666666Posted 7/28/2013 9:14:55 PM
Honestly, hunter killer drones aren't that hard to avoid. I find it pretty easy to avoid them considering most maps have buildings. Plus, if you know there's one out there AVOID THE WINDOWS. It's kinda common sense. It's not like the first black ops where even if you're not near a window the napalm strike is still gonna get you.
---
Like my facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/Blaziken18383
#25mercenary666666Posted 7/28/2013 9:15:29 PM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
because.... its some bs when you get spawn camped by something smarter than AI

*puts all hate deflection shields to 10*

I never experience this......At least not in this game
---
Like my facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/Blaziken18383
#26FeelMyBladePosted 7/28/2013 9:28:58 PM
HeartlessCharms posted...
Implying this community is smarter than the AI

Don't underestimate the CoD community. If there is something they can master better than anyone else, it's an exploit.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect.
Best CoDs: Black Ops 2 and CoD4.
#27xlinerPosted 7/28/2013 9:31:27 PM
flame030191 posted...
#DealWithIt

http://myscriptx.com/dl/1060/deal-with-it-tf2-sniper.gif
---
Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen?
It's gas that eats your face.
#28WelcommattPosted 7/28/2013 9:36:12 PM
Choleric_Llama posted...
Welcommatt posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...
No, they need to remove bs cheap ass killstreaks like the Hunter Killer. Easily the cheapest killstreak in any CoD game. Al least killstreaks like the Predator Missle from the MW series, a player was controlling it, so they were vulnerable, even if it were for a short period of time.

Because that roughly 60% chance for a single kill should DEFFINATELY make the user vulnerable.

I don't see it so much as needing to make them vulnerable, but requiring player interaction. This isn't an original analysis, but I agree with it completely: in any competitive game, there has to be give and take. For every person that gets an awesome long range kill, there's a person pissed that they got picked off of headglitch by a Tac .45. When you add killstreaks that are not player controlled, now you've got someone pissed that they died, but nobody is getting the benefit other than seeing a +25. It's no longer a zero-sum game, now it's a negative-sum game for that particular aspect. Unless you're direct-impacting people with the HK, it literally only requires you to look up, press right on the D-pad and press the right trigger. That requires no skill, no thinking, no decision making. It isn't adding to the fun.

There is, however, some benefit to the bigger killstreaks that are automated. Like if someone calls in a Pavelow, stuff just got real. It suddenly massively changes the flow of the map, because that perfect headglitch watching a corner of doom is completely exposed to the air, so people have to move. The other major important factor is that you have time to react before it can kill you, and you aren't helpless against it. Most of the time you don't hear the announcer until the paper plane has killed you. You can't do anything to it unless you have EMP grenades and literally split-second timing. You basically just have to hide inside, assuming it doesn't kill you before you know it's there.

Yes, the hunter killer has little to no involvement in the kill. But neither does tossing random grenades and c4 as people like to do. But most of this community has no shame, and as long as they get their points they couldn't care less. As for the hunter killer, it's a low end streak and I think it's perfect as it is. If you throw ten, you'll get an average of 7 kills from them. 7 quick kills to help get points for the team in tdm, that's all. The rc-xd, however, is completely obsolete and impractical. If I get it in a care package I just let it go. You stand there with a remote and drive around for a few seconds till you get at best a triple kill, but most of the time just one and get killed while driving it. If I just fought normally, I could have killed that guy and a few more in the same time and not died. Rc-XD is a burden, while Hunter Killer is just one quick chance for a kill.
#29ZephyrSSXPosted 7/28/2013 9:46:08 PM
High end streaks are why 5/6 people quit and I join a game 65-15 with 2 minutes left. Get rid of them. They don't benefit gameplay. They just ruin it by making people camp, whore OP classes, rage quit, etc.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WNvvjK8.png
#30The_Last_AznPosted 7/28/2013 10:01:46 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
High end streaks are why 5/6 people quit and I join a game 65-15 with 2 minutes left. Get rid of them. They don't benefit gameplay. They just ruin it by making people camp, whore OP classes, rage quit, etc.

You just admitted yourself: high streaks cause rage quits.

No easier way to win an objective game than by forfeit, mirite?
---
Gamertag: The Last Azn
Black FC: 4513 0061 7179