Poll: Dumbest "Term" used by the COD Community

#1parkourboybryanPosted 7/30/2013 6:29:58 AM
What's the dumbest term the COD community ever uses? - Results (378 votes)
Scrub
5.56% (21 votes)
Try hard
34.13% (129 votes)
Hardscoper
43.92% (166 votes)
Overpowered/Broken
5.29% (20 votes)
Lag Compensation
7.94% (30 votes)
Other (Please Specify)
3.17% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think is the dumbest term used by the COD community?

I have to say that it's Hardscoping, easily. Why the hell do morons have to make up a term for traditional sniping to make themselves feel better about their subpar quick scoping?

Second place would be Lag Compensation. It gets used by so many people as an excuse for their deaths, but 90% of the people who blame it have no idea what it actually is.

If I missed one, hit other and specify your choice.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#2SnickleseedPosted 7/30/2013 6:41:16 AM
"Swag" gets my vote
---
space for rent
#3KidCachePosted 7/30/2013 6:45:43 AM
You forgot Random..
---
I'm physical straight but I'm mentally gay because I blown your mind - Bo Burnham
#4shemzahaayPosted 7/30/2013 6:50:01 AM
You forgot reg gun
---
any 55 that can prestige and dont is a level camper" - retroman20
mfw - http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_madmvw0bOt1qaujq5.jpg
#5ShadowUmbreon42Posted 7/30/2013 6:56:39 AM
Missing "all of the above"
---
Kingdom Hearts 3D Playthrough (critical) http://bit.ly/10bi37r So hard you gotta love kids that make fun of you for pokemon.
GT: BlackBeartic
#6werkz_destroyzPosted 7/30/2013 7:08:06 AM
you forgot c4ho
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#7webbc99Posted 7/30/2013 7:19:15 AM
Well I think hardscoping is fair enough if it's just to make the distinction between the two quite distinct playstyles.

I don't understand how anyone could vote anything other than Tryhard.

Two reasons.

Firstly, it a derogatory term used to belittle those who are better than you at the game, with the purpose of making them feel like their victory was less "worthy" because they actually try to win in the game, and therefore are somehow not "cool", as if you should just go into every game and suicide 100 times because winning is for losers. Seriously what the hell.

Secondly, it is used by so many people incorrectly. Even given the absurdity of the above point, it's clear that you call someone a Tryhard when they are "trying hard" to win. That's the point. So why, when I'm running round with nothing but a Ballistic Knife, or an Executioner, or Crossbow, or something equally turd, am I now being called a Tryhard. Surely it's an insult reserved for those using the PRO LEET SUPER SETUPS because they must win every time and therefore would never touch the Ballistic Knife ever because it might be slightly less viable than the FAL or something.

*rage*
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: MH3U, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#8l Dudeboy lPosted 7/30/2013 7:19:33 AM
Probably doesn't apply, but trying to read posts on here or youtube videos of people complaining about lag and lag comp while at the same time having no understanding of how networking or coding works is just infuriating.
---
<b>You are now breathing manually.</b>
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#9parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 7:57:09 AM
Snickleseed posted...
"Swag" gets my vote

Dammit, I knew I'd forgotten something.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#10LoshadtPosted 7/30/2013 8:01:50 AM
Tryhard by mile. I remember not too long ago seeing that word forced around here, and everyone who used that term got laughed at by pretty much everybody.

The rest are pretty bad though since I haven't seen any of them used correctly on a CoD board ever.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.