LMG Target Finder on Nuketown.

#1duericPosted 8/12/2013 9:19:55 PM
Seriously. That's gotta be right up there with cross map tubing in MW2.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2L4DMalusPosted 8/12/2013 9:20:51 PM
You pissed?
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
Not changing this signature until Nightmare Creatures gets a reboot. Started 5/24/2013
#3WorstSniperEverPosted 8/12/2013 9:21:37 PM
Not nearly as annoying IMO

But this is coming from someone who took to the face more than his fair share of tubes back in the day
---
Sniper is becoming one of my new favorite posters. He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
#4dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 9:44:16 PM
L4DMalus posted...
You pissed?

Nah, man. I made the topic to pay homage to MW2's noob tubes.

If a weapon can keep that company, it's very special indeed.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5bigwaynerPosted 8/12/2013 9:47:37 PM
Its so OP. It still gives a clear sight picture even if you're running cold blooded. At least with the thermal views its hard to see people with the counter perk.
---
GT: bigwayno
#6LoshadtPosted 8/12/2013 9:50:00 PM
The Target Finder is NOT OP. Is it poorly balanced? Yes. Is it way overused? Yes. Is Treyarch stupid for ever considering it as a reasonable thing to put in the game? Absolutely.

But to say it's overpowered is silly. It's not the Target Finder that kills you, it's the gun and the awful map design that enables it.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#7dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 9:50:25 PM
WorstSniperEver posted...

But this is coming from someone who took to the face more than his fair share of tubes back in the day

Yeah, man, I would never suggest any weapon to be as annoying as MW2 tubes. I mean, that would have been a masterpiece if it weren't for that one fatal flaw.

I just don't like playing against teams that run that setup. The noise, the constant flinching off spawn because they're just hammering your base. It's just a real downer of a situation.
---
#8WhiteAngel50Posted 8/12/2013 10:02:06 PM
Quote:The Target Finder is NOT OP. Is it poorly balanced? Yes. Is it way overused? Yes. Is Treyarch stupid for ever considering it as a reasonable thing to put in the game? Absolutely.

But to say it's overpowered is silly. It's not the Target Finder that kills you, it's the gun and the awful map design that enables it.

@Loshadt

Are you high? It's OP as hell even with cold blood on.
---
Let me love you!
#9WorstSniperEverPosted 8/12/2013 10:47:15 PM
dueric posted...
WorstSniperEver posted...

Yeah, man, I would never suggest any weapon to be as annoying as MW2 tubes. I mean, that would have been a masterpiece if it weren't for that one fatal flaw.

I just don't like playing against teams that run that setup. The noise, the constant flinching off spawn because they're just hammering your base. It's just a real downer of a situation.

It doesn't take a TF to make LMGs annoying on Nuketown though. Just the other night I played a match of Nuketown Dom, and I took in my HAMR classes. Not one of them runs the TF because it's really a pointless attachment, but my default setup uses the EOTech and FMJ - and just the FMJ alone was enough to have me scoring hit-markers and kills almost anywhere that I pointed my weapon. I felt like a tool doing even that, but that's just the way the map has to be played when there's objectives to be held.

But if it's TDM and you have a party of people doing that then, yeah, it gets old real quick.

WhiteAngel50 posted...
Are you high? It's OP as hell even with cold blood on.

It's not OP. It seems like it is because of the plethora of squeakers employing it, but it's really just a waste of an attachment. For a player with a functional pair of eyes and half a brain, the TF does squat. I've tried it myself, I hate using it, and I can accomplish the same sort of annoying Nuketown antics with the EOTech (Hell, with the irons) that those schmucks with the TF can accomplish.

And using Cold-Blooded straight-up counters it. Sure they still see you when they look through it, just like they would with any other sight they employ - but they have the added drawback now of losing their peripheral against you without gaining any benefit in return.
---
Sniper is becoming one of my new favorite posters. He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
#10FeelMyBladePosted 8/12/2013 10:56:59 PM
I usually just throw a smoke grenade, or equip my riot shield class and rack up points.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
Best CoDs: Black Ops 2 and CoD4. People who agree are now 20% cooler!