I ended a player's 358 game win streak in SnD, and he was a good sport about it.

#1LerthyrPosted 8/12/2013 10:36:37 PM(edited)
80/80

Incoming cool story bro blogfaqs tl;dr etc

I don't normally play SnD in a full party, but I didn't want to be rude and kick anyone to lower it to a 4 count. I encountered a team who boasted a 21 overall WL and a 23 or so WL in SnD. Anyways, his (I won't disclose the GT due to the privacy clause on GameFAQs) team beat mine the first game on Hijacked, we managed to scrape by in game two 4-3 on Express, and then we got slapped in the third game on Express 4-1. Anyways, here are the messages he sent me afterwards:

http://i.imgur.com/Amd7GpS.jpg (excuse the grammar)

To which I replied (and I'm paraphrasing my response), "It was refreshing to play against players who hone the competition that you displayed in those games. I wouldn't mind playing SnD with you again, should you accept my friend request. Cheers!"

And he responded with this:

http://i.imgur.com/U9Lsg7H.jpg

Am I playing Call of Duty? I'm confused. What's more is, I'm glad to see players with such high stats not hit the dashboard when they are in jeopardy of losing. Messages like these only pop up once in a blue moon on this game, let alone in any online game, so I'll take it for what it's worth. It honestly restores what little faith I have left in this community every time (which isn't often) I receive kindhearted messages in the post game lobby. Anyone else get friendly GG messages such as these?
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#2BipBapBamPosted 8/12/2013 10:35:24 PM
tl;dr dad
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#3Lerthyr(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 10:36:53 PM
BipBapBam posted...
tl;dr dad

I love you too, son.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
Watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful. -supercoolisaac
#4packman1010Posted 8/12/2013 10:41:28 PM
Ninja'ed bragfaqs.
---
GT: YOKEDxPREDATOR
DD:DA pawn Anara
#5EmveeZPosted 8/12/2013 10:42:01 PM
cuz we cant see in cod elite or
---
Don't even bother.
#6Lerthyr(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 10:47:01 PM
EmveeZ posted...
cuz we cant see in cod elite or

You can check my recent games to clarify my bold statement presented in this topic, my friend. I'm just not allowed to post his GT on GameFAQs as it's an invasion of privacy. Kind of like My Bio Rocks.

Oops.
---
RIP Sacred_Asylum 4/1/13
#7gunho7Posted 8/12/2013 10:50:19 PM
If I was there I would have sent him hate mail telling him he is artistic.
---
GT: steven the show
Munch Emm is bad
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 8/12/2013 10:53:51 PM
I throw a GG message around every so often, providing I had a good team mate/good opponent.

Just last night there was this one guy from Austria, who after 2 games, I just couldn't top. We were both top of our teams, but his team would edge it every time. After that I so wanted to carry on playing against him just so I can beat him (you know, as you do), but for the following 6-7 games we were on the same team, competing for the top spot on the same team.

After backing out after our last game, a GG message followed, and one was received.

What made the rivalry more, in my head, was the fact we were both using the SMR. I'm trying to prestige it a second time since starting to use it Sunday, and it was his most used weapon (I was rarely being nosey and checked his stats :P).

Anyway, nice story. Hope it leads to future games for you.
#9WorstSniperEverPosted 8/12/2013 10:54:28 PM
It is nice to be reassured that not every single person in every single lobby (no matter how much it may seem, sometimes) is a complete tool. I'm glad that dude sent that message to a guy who can appreciate it.
---
Sniper is becoming one of my new favorite posters. He's a wordsmith that verbally slaughters others, but in a more passive and logical way. - Lerthyr
#10JVel91Posted 8/12/2013 11:04:29 PM
One time in MW2 FFA I noticed some guy was toe to toe with me the entire match and he was sniping too. Me and him had like 25+ kills and the rest of the lobby was barely even breaking 10.

Anyways we were both at 29 kills and he ends up killing me. He sends me a message from what I remember said:

wow man GG my hands were shaking trying to get the last kill.

It was a pretty cool moment. For once someone didn't send me hate mail or a smart ass msg because they won. One time I sent a GG msg to another guy and he responded with wow I cant believe this isnt a hate mail msg. LOL.
---
I come here because the forum is better than the game. - Mander1861