Grenades being useless seriously pisses me off.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Grenades being useless seriously pisses me off.

User Info: HartsCreekByGod

HartsCreekByGod
3 years ago#1
"Oh, there's a guy camping in the corner of a little 4x4 room, lemme chuck a grenade in there so I don't have to storm in and dislodge him"

*throws grenade, lands 2 feet from him*
*LOL HITMARKER*

And don't even get me started on Flak Jacket.

User Info: Gray_wolf1119

Gray_wolf1119
3 years ago#2
You mean there is someone out there not using supergrenade C4?

Huh...
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org

User Info: Silver17

Silver17
3 years ago#3
If you are gonna use grenades, use Semtex Grenades. It's easy to get stuck grenade kills in this game, and FJ is useless against that...

(Inbefore EMP stuck grenade counter - that rarely happens)
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)

User Info: FeelMyBlade

FeelMyBlade
3 years ago#4
I am glad explosives in general are weaker in this game.

More focus on your gun.
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
Best CoDs: Black Ops 2 and CoD4. People who agree are now 20% cooler!

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
3 years ago#5
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

This, C4 solves all your camping problems.

It blows my mind every single time I get a kill with C4 from a person camping in a window. How can you know you are going to camp in a window (sniper/lmg) and not put on flak jacket and tac mask.

Nades are good for dom if you know how to use them though. I see people spawn and throw nades that land right on the flag.

User Info: HartsCreekByGod

HartsCreekByGod
3 years ago#6
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh.

Leventhan26 posted...
This, C4 solves all your camping problems.

It blows my mind every single time I get a kill with C4 from a person camping in a window. How can you know you are going to camp in a window (sniper/lmg) and not put on flak jacket and tac mask.

C4 is unlocked in like..........the 40s through, which means I have to suffer through a majority of ranks using grenades when I'd be better off throwing water balloons at them,.

User Info: AaronHutch

AaronHutch
3 years ago#7
are you high? Treyarch has a grenade fetish, if it werent for flak jacket grenades would be too powerful
"Men hate marriage because they grow tired of being told there's something fundamentally wrong with them."

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
3 years ago#8
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

C4's lethal range is about one step in game larger than a frag grenade's.

http://youtu.be/UGcycDdeFbw?t=1m58s

Its not a supergrenade. Its just more useful because the maps are so tiny.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: Gray_wolf1119

Gray_wolf1119
3 years ago#9
Nidtendofreak posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

C4's lethal range is about one step in game larger than a frag grenade's.

http://youtu.be/UGcycDdeFbw?t=1m58s

Its not a supergrenade. Its just more useful because the maps are so tiny.

The issue is not the lethal range. If it was only a trap, I would be perfectly fine with it. But it is not. Both frag and semtex have a detonation time. Even if you master them, you are still making the best approximate calculation you can. C4 has a remote detonation. You detonate it as soon as it gets anywhere near an enemy. It even has a shortcut for detonation. Those factors makes it more effective than both grenades because you have the most control AND the best lethal range.

The times I get killed by a C4 as a trap make me cringe and grin at the same time - I am basically thinking that cheeky bastard (both a compliment and an expression of irritation). The times I get killed by C4 as an airburst grenade make me think Home, all the way right, all the way down, A, up, A.

I can run from semtex, I can run from frags or throw them back, with C4 I can only tank it. Getting killed by grenades is mildly annoying but sometimes funny. Getting killed by C4 makes me want to quit. C4 as it stands right now, is a huge drag on the game from a fun AND competitive perspective.

Also, the small map size in general makes ALL explosives more useful and effective so that is a moot point.
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org

User Info: hail_filth

hail_filth
3 years ago#10
imo they are weaker than previous CoD's.. but not useless by any means. i still gets tons of kills with my frags and semtex. i prefer frags cause im a pro chef.. but they both are pretty good. c4 is definitely better, but i still love muh nades!
GT: Nafinchin
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Grenades being useless seriously pisses me off.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
License Transfer for DLCjothebro13211/25 7:30AM