Grenades being useless seriously pisses me off.

#1HartsCreekByGodPosted 8/14/2013 6:10:23 AM
"Oh, there's a guy camping in the corner of a little 4x4 room, lemme chuck a grenade in there so I don't have to storm in and dislodge him"

*throws grenade, lands 2 feet from him*
*LOL HITMARKER*

And don't even get me started on Flak Jacket.
#2Gray_wolf1119Posted 8/14/2013 6:11:26 AM
You mean there is someone out there not using supergrenade C4?

Huh...
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#3Silver17Posted 8/14/2013 6:16:57 AM
If you are gonna use grenades, use Semtex Grenades. It's easy to get stuck grenade kills in this game, and FJ is useless against that...

(Inbefore EMP stuck grenade counter - that rarely happens)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#4FeelMyBladePosted 8/14/2013 8:03:41 AM
I am glad explosives in general are weaker in this game.

More focus on your gun.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
Best CoDs: Black Ops 2 and CoD4. People who agree are now 20% cooler!
#5Leventhan26Posted 8/14/2013 8:12:46 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

This, C4 solves all your camping problems.

It blows my mind every single time I get a kill with C4 from a person camping in a window. How can you know you are going to camp in a window (sniper/lmg) and not put on flak jacket and tac mask.

Nades are good for dom if you know how to use them though. I see people spawn and throw nades that land right on the flag.
#6HartsCreekByGod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:27:13 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh.

Leventhan26 posted...
This, C4 solves all your camping problems.

It blows my mind every single time I get a kill with C4 from a person camping in a window. How can you know you are going to camp in a window (sniper/lmg) and not put on flak jacket and tac mask.

C4 is unlocked in like..........the 40s through, which means I have to suffer through a majority of ranks using grenades when I'd be better off throwing water balloons at them,.
#7AaronHutchPosted 8/14/2013 10:44:29 AM
are you high? Treyarch has a grenade fetish, if it werent for flak jacket grenades would be too powerful
---
"Men hate marriage because they grow tired of being told there's something fundamentally wrong with them."
#8NidtendofreakPosted 8/14/2013 11:07:26 AM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

C4's lethal range is about one step in game larger than a frag grenade's.

http://youtu.be/UGcycDdeFbw?t=1m58s

Its not a supergrenade. Its just more useful because the maps are so tiny.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#9Gray_wolf1119Posted 8/14/2013 11:53:36 AM(edited)
Nidtendofreak posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Huh...

C4's lethal range is about one step in game larger than a frag grenade's.

http://youtu.be/UGcycDdeFbw?t=1m58s

Its not a supergrenade. Its just more useful because the maps are so tiny.

The issue is not the lethal range. If it was only a trap, I would be perfectly fine with it. But it is not. Both frag and semtex have a detonation time. Even if you master them, you are still making the best approximate calculation you can. C4 has a remote detonation. You detonate it as soon as it gets anywhere near an enemy. It even has a shortcut for detonation. Those factors makes it more effective than both grenades because you have the most control AND the best lethal range.

The times I get killed by a C4 as a trap make me cringe and grin at the same time - I am basically thinking that cheeky bastard (both a compliment and an expression of irritation). The times I get killed by C4 as an airburst grenade make me think Home, all the way right, all the way down, A, up, A.

I can run from semtex, I can run from frags or throw them back, with C4 I can only tank it. Getting killed by grenades is mildly annoying but sometimes funny. Getting killed by C4 makes me want to quit. C4 as it stands right now, is a huge drag on the game from a fun AND competitive perspective.

Also, the small map size in general makes ALL explosives more useful and effective so that is a moot point.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#10hail_filthPosted 8/14/2013 1:15:29 PM
imo they are weaker than previous CoD's.. but not useless by any means. i still gets tons of kills with my frags and semtex. i prefer frags cause im a pro chef.. but they both are pretty good. c4 is definitely better, but i still love muh nades!
---
GT: Nafinchin