Zombies shotgun emblem

#1SinCityKidPosted 8/16/2013 5:42:20 PM
I've been skull & knife since a couple days after this game launched. I have 317k kills and 2k downs. I'm bored of Grief and I'm content with the high round scores I got on each map, so I want to focus on getting this elusive emblem.

Has anyone gotten the shotgun emblem on a longstanding account?
#2FaithInAllPosted 8/16/2013 5:49:32 PM
2k downs is a lot o.O Must have been all that grief.
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
#3TheBEST305gamerPosted 8/16/2013 7:30:20 PM
Been shotguns since the first few weeks. I focus most on getting revives while not going down. I've got roughly 80k kills and 400 downs. 76k and 300 in coop.

My guess.. Play ten solo games on buried up to rd 30. You don't even need a trap, just get the an94 and the LSAT PAP and you can cruise to 30 just standing a few yards in front of jugs. Quit out with zero downs, rinse and repeat.

My bet is that you're shotguns by the tenth game. If not, play 2-3 games of coop on your best maps and go for a high rd with 0 downs.
#4TheBEST305gamerPosted 8/17/2013 6:35:40 AM
PS, your KD is a little over 150, so if you only played on normal, I think you'd have them by now(I had them with KD as low as 144). As far as I know, playing custom games does help you rank up, but it's "nerfed" I guess you could say.
#5SinCityKid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 8:17:53 AM
FaithInAll posted...
2k downs is a lot o.O Must have been all that grief.

Grief(Cell Block can get brutal), getting perma jugg before attempting deep runs, and a general "No one gets left behind" attitude which is hectic and fun as hell. Just never cared about downs. Boosting perma revive for friends was also 17 downs each time.

Most random shotgun emblems that I've played with use the most conservative strategies and won't even go to any great danger to make revives, they'd rather just abandon you. I don't see how that would be fun playing that way on a consistent basis.

TheBEST305gamer posted...
My guess.. Play ten solo games on buried up to rd 30.

I'm gonna try this out and I'll report the results. I never play on Easy and have probably less than 10 customs games under my belt. Pretty much exclusively play Public or Solo.

Maybe it's just been that I've never strung together a good enough amount of consecutive beastly games. I'll go back and forth between playing deep runs with friends, Grief, and playing with randoms(which hardly ever turns out very good).
#6SinCityKid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:32:14 AM
Played 11 solo games on Buried.
28,996 kills
4 downs

After that I played 3 solo games on MotD
5,844 kills
0 downs

No shotgun emblem yet
#7TheBEST305gamerPosted 8/19/2013 1:51:57 PM
SinCityKid posted...
Played 11 solo games on Buried.
28,996 kills
4 downs

After that I played 3 solo games on MotD
5,844 kills
0 downs

No shotgun emblem yet

Try 2-3 co-op games on a map you know you'll get far on. Preferrably with just one other good player so that the rds go fast. If you can make it to say 35 each time, I think it'll pop for you.. although I'd shoot for 40.
#8FaithInAllPosted 8/19/2013 1:57:35 PM
There's no clear cut answer anyone can give you to help you rank up. Just naturally play the game and it'll come in time as long as your not going down every other second.
---
#9Shaun3DPosted 8/19/2013 2:12:15 PM
Apparently you cant rank up if you quit out instead of going down
---
Must.......fill......space.......
#10FaithInAllPosted 8/19/2013 2:16:31 PM
Shaun3D posted...
Apparently you cant rank up if you quit out instead of going down

I've ranked up to shotgun before by just quitting out.
---